Assist in evolving Epson's technical laptop and desktop strategy and architecture by developing solutions, frameworks and plans in order to meet the growing and evolving global needs of the business. In addition assist in defining these standards, perform technical management over the lifecycle of the services. Provide PC Support for Epson's personnel on a variety of issues and ensure the continuity of the computer services throughout the company.
Architecting, designing, and engineering the laptop and desktops in the environment. This individual will work closely with the department head in developing and maintaining the products road map, supporting client/desktop technologies, providing thought leadership regarding solution design, architecture, and integration across the organization. As a team player this role is required to work closely with the Security, Network, Telecom, Messaging, and the Service Desk teams to deliver the best desktop and mobile device experience.
* Create release management plans and version control strategies for the desktop computing environment.
* Create and maintain master images for all the desktop and notebook environments.
* Create and manage deployment systems including image and software deployment tools.
* Administration of machine resources, backups, anti-virus products, encryption, third party applications, and associated infrastructure.
* Create or modify application packages for service transition and operations.
* Create, maintain technical and detailed process documentation as required.
* Test and evaluate software and hardware products.
* Work with the department head to define and agree upon desktop standards and road maps.
* Train PC Support staff (and other IS staff as required) in operation of architectural solutions.
* Provide management with updates on assigned task and project status.
* Participate in projects and company meetings as required.
* Work with vendors and partners as required.
* Serve as an L3 escalation point for issues related to current endpoint operations services and is accountable for improvement opportunities within such services.
* Perform technical oversight for technical project deliverables, and certify engineering solutions for production deployments.
* Analyze requirements by the user community and business partners and translate theme into high level designs, engineering solutions, and deployment plans.
* Help identify areas of improvement not limited to technology but will include processes within existing operations and define road maps to achieve improvement.
* Provide insight on new directions based on industry standards and new technologies.
* Research and develop new technologies and procedures to further streamline/automate processes
* Work overtime as required.
Builds strong relationships with peers, other departments, and managers to best meet company goals and objectives.
* 6+ years of Windows Desktop Engineering support experience in large enterprise environments.
* Strong Windows 7 and Microsoft Office experence
* Extensive experience building, QA, and maintaining Windows images for enterprise service transitions.
* Advanced knowledge of the Windows registry, file and folder security, local/domain user security, user profile management, UAC interaction, Windows files structure, registry, GPO, and operating system troubleshooting.
* Completion of program at a community college, technical or commercial school or equivalent experience (minimum of a 2-year program).
* Must be able to travel less than 10% of the time.
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Post