The Mcclatchy Company
excelerate Digital, McClatchy's national digital marketing agency, has a great opportunity for a Senior Paid Search Strategist - PPC/SEM on our digital sales team. This role will be responsible for managing key clients' paid search accounts. Daily responsibilities include account creation, optimizations, reporting, pacing and internal/client feedback. In addition to account management, this role will develop and evolve the search strategy across accounts, create plans/timelines to execute approach, and run tests on new beta opportunities.
* Responsible for planning, implementing, optimizing and analyzing pay-per-click search-engine marketing activities for strategic account;
* Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Bing/Yahoo), including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid-search campaigns;
* Keyword research (discovery and expansion), review and editing of ad creative/copy, review and analysis of website performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns. Grow and optimize our keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywords, etc.
* Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation;
* Act as a specialist of the search-engine marketing channel;
* Be an expert in PPC and stay abreast of new technologies in the search and, overall, digital space;
* Become a product expert in our industry; understand the top issues and new developments.
* 3+ years of experience in PPC/SEM in marketing, sales or agency environments - search engine experience and knowledge of digital-based business models
* BA/BS degree
* Demonstrate an expertise in PPC. Stay current with new advances in search-engine marketing, competitive landscape, and keyword research
* Working knowledge of analytics platforms (e.g., Adobe Catalyst, Google Analytics), conversion tracking, ecommerce, and the interplay of PPC/SEM and local search
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills required
* Demonstrate a proactive work ethic when managing numerous competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. Must be self motivated and detail oriented, and able to prioritize daily work efficiently
* Google Ads certification
* High proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Proficient in Google Analytics
* Advertising agency experience is highly preferred
* Bing Ads certification
* Google Analytics certification
* Advanced level proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, index/match)
About The Mcclatchy Company
The McClatchy Company is a news and information provider, offering a wide array of print and digital products in each of the markets it serves.
The Mcclatchy Company