AT&T Mobility &
Entertainment Group is looking to recruit a self-motivated, Video Streaming Engineer to join the Video
Systems Engineering group. This department is
responsible for the strategic roadmap, technical design, and optimization of
AM&Es video and audio processing platforms. This includes architecting
platforms for SD, HD, 4K UltraHD broadcast video and file-based delivery, and
creating specifications to ensure the optimal delivery of existing and new
services to our broadcast and OTT viewers.
The successful candidate will
ideally have a degree in the field of science, engineering or computing.
Specific knowledge or experience of video and audio streaming methods,
platforms, and associated systems engineering will be highly desirable.
The Video Systems Engineering group is
based in Los Angeles and the team works closely with a wide range of key
technology companies, as well as all the major movie studios, to conduct
research and develop practical solutions across a range of technologies
relevant to the media industry.
About the role
* Develop strategic roadmap and design for AT&T
* Help troubleshoot streaming content issues.
* Develop, implement and enhance algorithms for video
* Investigate best-practices and new technologies for
improving OTT services.
* Perform competitive analysis for AT&T and major
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
* Bachelors or Master's (preferred) degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar relevant science or engineering subject.
* 5+ years' experience in video streaming and deep knowledge of Adaptive bit rate streaming technologies
* Expertise with HLS and DASH
* Experience with CDN and Origin Servers
* Knowledge of/experience with ABR players
* Deep grasp of Network protocols such as TCP, IP, HTTP, and network protocol analysis tools
* Strong Software Development background
* Strong analytical skills.
* Working knowledge of digital audio and video formats.
* Self-motivated and curious to learn, question validity of results and explain anomalies in test results.
Desirable skills, experience and qualifications
* Knowledge of digital video and audio compression techniques used in MPEG standards such as H.264/AVC, HEVC and AAC.
* Familiarity with/knowledge of cloud technologies to enable cloud-based testing.
* Knowledge of Media container formats such as MP4 and MPEG-2 TS.
Job ID 1925327 Date posted 07/09/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.