Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
As Worldpay grows, we must be proactive in assuring we stay ahead of the curve with truly cutting-edge products and services. The payments industry is in rapid evolution with the implementation of new technologies. By hiring the best minds that understand that new features and capabilities are just as important as security, Worldpay will continue to beat the competition with our offerings. Whether it's dedicated to new products and services, or ensuring we have the best infrastructure out there, Worldpay is dedicated to tech.
The Senior Database Administrator knows and understands key concepts in planning and maintaining computerized databases to ensure accuracy and integrity in the data. He/she will be passionate about proposing and implementing efficiencies in data management that maintains Worldpay's extreme need for strong security. By having a reliable database system in place, Worldpay can safely and securely access, store, analyze and monitor our data for many purposes.
A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.
* Plans computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection.
* Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries.
* Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls.
* Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
* Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
* May be internal or client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
* As a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization, he/she resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
* Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.