Partners Data Systems
USA - San Diego, California
Senior or Staff Firmware Engineer
As a Senior or Staff Firmware Engineer, you will be responsible for firmware development for CDMA\WiMAX\LTE based products. Design, develop, test and debug embedded software for Mobile Hotspots, USB dongles, and Embedded Modules. On project assignment basis, act as customer's Modem Firmware project lead to coordinate feature developments, bug fixes, releases and interface with other project members outside of customer's Modem Firmware group.
As a member of the customer's Modem Firmware team, provide technical guidance to project architectures and advice to the other team members.
Knowledge & Experience Required/Desired
* 5+ years experience in realtime embedded software development using C and assembly language.
* Experience in embedded software development using C and assembly language.
* Familiar with IS-95/IS-2000 1X CDMA Air Interfaces. Layer 3 preferred but L1/L2 is ok.
* Familiar with IS-856, EVDO CDMA Air Interfaces. MAC layer preferred
* Familiar with 802.16e, WiMAX mobile standards. MAC layer preferred
* Familiar with 802.11n, Wireless Networking standards. MAC layer preferred
* Familiar with 36 series of 3GPP, LTE standards. MAC layer preferred
* Familiar with IS-801 GPS control plane interface.
* Familiar with embedded software debugging tools such as JTAG, In-Circuit Emulator, Logic Analyzer.
* Familiar with USB, UART, Audio, BSP, or other Embedded driver experience
* Familiar with Qualcomm MSM/QSC family of devices and AMSS reference design
* Familiar with Carrier requirements and activation processes including OTASP, IOTA, OMA-DM and OMA-FOTA
* Familiar with software configuration management tools such as SVN,SBM,ClearCase and Clearquest.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.