Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Service Cloud(OSVC) is an industry leading Multi-Tenant Cloud based Web, Social and Contact Center Solution. We serve about 8 million customers per day and 2 billion transactions per month. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is Oracle's Cloud platform. The OSVC Tenant Management Service(TMS) is developing a framework to manage the life-cycle of Oracle Service Cloud tenants in OCI platform. All OSVC applications running in OCI will interact with TMS for all their tenant life-cycle management activities.
We are looking for experienced Senior Full Stack Software Development Engineers with a passion for creating best-in-class tools and services for our various internal development teams. Our services must be intuitive, easy to use, and empower our organization to not only be more efficient and effective, but also make smarter decisions faster. In this role, you will collaborate with various development groups to deliver a best in class solution. Working either solo or in small teams, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting software solutions to address these challenges.
Are you passionate about improving engineering and business efficiency? Are you results driven and do you thrive in an environment that is agile, collaborative and in start-up mode. Are you excited to utilize your in-depth knowledge of delivering complex services and expertise in hands-on software development to create an engineering environment that embodies the best development and testing practices for delivering a high-quality service?
For this position, we seek hands-on, advanced level coders who have the depth and breadth of experience to work across complex environments and technology stacks to build/code/test solutions that span these environments and stacks. You will use leading technologies such as Java, Go, Restful (micro) services and Docker in a DevOps based, CI/CD, agile development environment. You will be expected to have development and technology experience with Cloud Computing as well as a detailed understanding of Compute, Storage, Network, and VM's.
These are exciting times in our space - we are still at an early stage, and working on exciting new initiatives. If you are passionate about taking ownership of big technical challenges and producing software solutions that have broad, significant impacts - come join our team!
* BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
* 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment directly with designers and customers for implementation of designs
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner to all audiences
* Ability to work both alone and in teams
* Lead and participate in design and code reviews
* Agile/Scrum development methodologies
* Coach and mentor other members of the development team
* Work closely with other Scrum teams when implementing features spanning multiple teams
* Introduce new tools and processes to help team improve product quality, product performance, and team productivity
* Become a product expert and leverage that expertise to support internal and external users
* Full Stack development experience
* Understanding of common dev/test approaches and concepts
* Experience with container-based deployment (e.g. Docker, RKT )
* Experience with continuous deployment tools (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker)
* Experience with build systems and source code management (e.g. Gradle, Maven, GIT)
* Working experience within a Linux based environment
* Experience with relational DB's (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
* Experience with Secret Management (Vault)
* Experience with ELK Stack (Elastic Search, Kibana)
* Experience with Container Orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
* Experience with Monitoring Systems (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana)
* Experience with Service Discovery (e.g. Consul)
* Experience working in DevOps model
* Experience working with Cloud Computing (e.g. Compute, Storage, Network, VMs)
* Experience developing REST API's
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.