Zebras global voice network consists of on-prem and cloud voice infrastructure supporting telephony services, including global call centers. The Sr. network voice engineer will be primarily responsible as liaison between the business, telephony, and network teams.
Taking a holistic approach to voice, the role will work alongside principle architects in various practices. The role will participate in architecture design, planning, implementation and support of network voice services. Interfacing with business groups to discover and plan requirements and solutions.
Zebras global network consisting of MPLS and DMVPN architecture require a knowledgeable network engineer with an emphasis on voice. Providing end to end voice solutions and support, the senior network voice engineer must have experience in troubleshooting voice quality issues over wired and wireless media. Due to the nature of our routing infrastructure, knowledge of MPLS and DMVPN technology is a must.
Position responsibilities include, but not limited to
* Provide operational support of new infrastructure (Cisco, 8X8, Skype, Fuze, Sonus Etc.).
* Support and administration of network and voice systems (Sonus, Polycom, Cisco CUCM & CME).
* Escalation point for L2 Telephony team
* Adhere to change advisory board policies and procedures.
* Provide guidance and support for L2 and L3 team members.
* Produce and maintain documentation (procedures, knowledge articles, diagrams).
* Support and administration of network infrastructure and overlay network and voice services.
* Review security software releases and patches for implementation in accordance with Zebra software patching policy.
* Participate on major incident management calls.
* Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent experience
Work Experience (years):
* Minimum of 5+ years of related experience
* Minimum 3+ years working experience with most of the following;
* Cisco Call Manager 8+, Call Manager Express
* Fuze, Sonus, Skype for Business
* VG320, voice gateway routers
* Skype and Polycom phones
* SIP and BGP routing
* Minimum 5 years working experience with Cisco routers and switches.
* Familiarity with MPLS and DMVPN (phase 3)
* Experience with EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF routing protocols
* Experience with QoS profiles and policies
* Wireless technologies and security protocols (Cisco, Meraki, Extreme)
* Bachelor of Science
* CCNA/CCNP Voice or equivalent experience
* CCNA/CCNP Routing and Switching or equivalent experience