What you'll be doing...
* Design, Implementation, and support of Wi-Fi network and services at Verizon IT locations.
* Gathering business requirements for new or changing Wi-Fi installations, determining equipment, AP placement and connectivity.
* Presenting designs to stakeholders and tracking the progress of work.
* Generating heat maps and updating Wi-Fi management systems.
* Writing MOPS and change controls for work related to equipment installation and changes.
* Performing pre and post change testing and validation.
* Following strict adherence to change management practices.
* Evaluation of Wi-Fi environments for resiliency and quality using the Airwave Management systems and diagnostic information available from the equipment.
* Working and resolving user trouble reports and managing issues in the trouble ticketing systems.
* Monitoring the environment and recognize issues. Evaluate equipment code and performing system upgrades and maintenance to the installed environment
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Knowledge of HPE/Aruba Wi-Fi technologies including Access Points, Wi-Fi Controllers, Remote Access Points, and Airwave.
* Knowledge of Wi-Fi technologies and be ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues effecting Wi-Fi clients.
* Knowledge of Clear Pass
* Ability to document plans and communicate to stakeholders, agile and focused on accomplishing defined goals and adhering to project timelines.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.