Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 29644
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): Irvine (CA)
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: e. No Selection
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
As a Senior Network Reliability Engineer (NRE) focused on Network Automation you will play a cross functional and cross organizational role in ensuring the stability, integrity, and smooth operation of information technology systems that support Capital Group's business functions.
You will be responsible for leading phases of complex and cross functional product engineering and operational lifecycles. This includes research/strategy, requirements/planning, building/testing and run/support. You will be the final point of escalation for complex and time sensitive operational issues. In addition, provide strong technical and thought leadership across the organization. As a Senior NRE, you will act as a mentor to junior engineers.
* Contribute to network automation through a workflow-oriented mindset (planning, design, implementations and operations of critical network functions)
* Focus on network reliability and operational simplicity through continuous improvement and data-driven decision making
* Launch and land complex projects where the network is part of a larger system and reliability is the goal
* Build, deploy and operate the DevNetOps pipeline for overall network automation
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Minimum 7 years of technical experience in multiple network domains (routing, switching, security, wireless, unified communications, etc.)
* Minimum 2 years of hands-on coding experience (Python, C++) particularly in a network operation and monitoring domain
* Experience with IT infrastructure DevOps tools such as Ansible, Ansible Tower, and Chef
* Experience with APIs to perform third-party integrations
* Experience with deploying cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP)
* Demonstrated ability to work across boundaries in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and deliver results
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Network, Computer Science, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Research
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.