IT - Information Technology
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Primary Purpose of Position
The role will report to the Portfolio Delivery Lead and will be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects.
* Project planning and management of multiple large and complex projects simultaneously with strong customer focus
* Strategic thinking and ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders and influence cross-functional teams for effective solutions
* Translate project sponsors expectations into clear defined scope. Responsible for end-to-end coordination, ensuring delivery on needs, goals and expectations of the functional stakeholders
* Provide guidance to the various work streams, and structure and develop project plans with direction from appropriate functional and business area stakeholders
* Bridge gap between business outcomes needed and technical delivery by having good business sense and willing to learn about the areas supported
* Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments
* Identify and report on project health, risks, issues and dependencies. Effectively manage timely escalation and resolution of roadblocks
* Lead in a changing and fast-paced environment while being comfortable with ambiguity. Keep team nimble to adapt quickly to minimize impacts to outcomes
* Practice change management best practices ensuring team cohesiveness through engagement of teams, stakeholders and project owners
* Ensure effective communication flow across and within teams. Deliver and coach for messaging that is appropriate for a range of audiences such as teams, leadership and end customers
What we are looking for
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field
* 10+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally including experience working in a similar or related function in the IT, Insurance, Finance industries
* Deep project management experience managing a diverse portfolio (Innovation, Data, Regulatory, Compliance, Digital, etc.) consisting of both systems/technical and business changes
* Successfully delivered multiple $1m+ projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
* Financial acumen with proven experience in managing and participating in budget reviews, including forecasting and presentation to senior leadership
* Sound knowledge and practice of agile framework and roles
* Experience in coaching others in project or program management roles
* Proven problem-solving skills along with the ability to assess current practices, identify opportunities for improvement, build consensus and drive the implementation of related changes
* Effective communication skills (written and verbal), including meeting facilitation
* Strong collaboration and influencing skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
American International Group (AIG) is a global insurance company.