What you'll be doing...
The engineer will report to the Senior Manager of Network Services. The role of the engineer is to work with fellow engineers in an independent capacity to include but not limited to Planning & Engineering efforts associated with edge access sites and work closely with the Development & Engineering team in evaluating infrastructure technology. The engineer should be able to demonstrate experience in IT architect role with a large company-wide program(s).
* Investigating, designing, planning, and coordinate implementing infrastructure technology for IT networks.
* Partnering with cross-functional teams to develop solutions that support business requirements.
* Preparing network documentation to define and illustrate network design solutions.
* Working with multi-vendors on hardware & software solution and configuration standards.
* Assist project managers with the development of project budgets, timelines, and migration plans
* Provide knowledge transfer and cross training for network engineering and operations teams.
* Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degreein Computer Science, MIS, Electrical Engineering or other technical disciplines.
* Industry Certifications in AWS, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP, and CCIE.
* Experience in designing, configuring, implementing & testing, troubleshooting and supporting multi-site critical network environments that consist of multi-vendor Routers, Switches, Wireless LAN, Software Defined WAN, VoIP, Firewall & Network Security.
* Knowledge of network design tools such as Microsoft Visio or related.
* Experience interfacing with the project management team regarding technical planning and network issues.
* Experience providing input for forecast and planning resource allocation.
* Experience acting as the direct interface with stakeholders on advanced design solutions.
* Experience in driving new infrastructure technologies from proof-of-concept to full production implementation.
* Experience with Next Generation network solutions such as SDN, SD-WAN, NFV/VNF, and VxLAN.
* Knowledge of testing tools such as Spirent/Ixia/ Breakingpoint.
* Linux system administration skills.
* Knowledge of virtualization infrastructures such as VMware, OpenStack or KVM.
* Knowledge of basic scripting such as bash, Perl, Python, or Ansible.
* Knowledge of Public Cloud architectures (AWS or Google Cloud), configurations, services, and solutions.
* Experience in designing and configuring various routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP.
* Experience with complex QoS, NAC, CAC, and COS traffic configurations and designs.
* Experience designing and deploying state-of-art technology to meet the business's needs.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.