Veeco (NASDAQ: VECO) is a leading manufacturer of innovative semiconductor process equipment. Our proven MOCVD, lithography, laser annealing, ion beam and single wafer etch & clean technologies play an integral role in producing LEDs for solid-state lighting and displays, and in the fabrication of advanced semiconductor devices. With equipment designed to maximize performance, yield and cost of ownership, Veeco holds technology leadership positions in all these served markets.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for building and supporting Veeco's Global IT infrastructure systems with a special emphasis Network and Server infrastructure.
* Provide day-to-day and strategic support and maintenance of a complex Global LAN/WAN.
* Support and maintain Windows, Linux and VMWare servers.
* Assist in the day-to-day support of IT technology operations and project delivery.
* Build, deploy and support Windows Servers and Applications on VMWare, AWS, Cisco and/or Dell Hardware in a global interconnected company.
* Troubleshoot, maintain and deploy network-based solutions such as web filters, IPS/IDS, firewalls, VPN, Intune and related technologies.
* Provide deskside support as required to all employees including senior executives.
* Manage and support enterprise level applications and systems.
* Support and maintain disaster recovery and risk management process.
* Ability to travel up to 15% of the time and to work nights & weekends as required, participating in on-call support rotation.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related discipline and a minimum of 10 years of network systems experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have 8+ years of IT Infrastructure experience including implementing secure systems and enterprise level experience in IT and operations. Relevant industry certifications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Familiar with Datacenter concepts and comfortable deploying hardware in a Tier 3+ DC
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate/work effectively with a diverse company
* Ability to work under pressure, be a team player and lead by example
* Excellent time-management skills and commitment to follow through issues to completion
* Creative and innovative thinker with the ability to provide solutions to complex problems
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Veeco develops, manufactures, sells, and supports semiconductor process equipment.