Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
The Sr. Network Engineer will be responsible for the full lifecycle of an enterprise LAN/WAN infrastructure. This is an operations role, and this individual must be able to demonstrate expertise with enterprise network administration (routers, switches, and firewalls), design, configuration, and implementation. This position reports to the Manager of Networking and Telecommunications.
* Coordinates installation of routers, switches, and other network devices and effectively communicates changes to appropriate parties
* Analyzes and tunes performance of strategic network infrastructure
* Verify proper operation of network equipment, suggest improvements to performance, capacity and scalability
* Monitor network performance and integrity
* Maintains current documentation of network design, operation, and procedure manuals
* Understands business drivers and strategies, and recognizes opportunities for technology innovation to support strategic initiatives
* Responds to user requests for network access and troubleshooting end-to-end connectivity problems
* Mentor team members on technical issues
* Provides 7x24x365 support for network availability, including responsibility for managing after hours on-call support for issue resolution on a rotation basis
* 7+ years experience procuring, maintaining, and managing network infrastructure assets including routers, switches, firewalls, and circuits
* Strong coding skills in Python or other scripting language
* Experience implementing and maintaining performance and availability monitoring solutions
* Experience with Application-Centric Infrastructure (ACI), SDN, and Cloud Networks
* Experience with technologies including VSS, VPC, Performance Based Routing (PfR), OTV, IPSEC, Netflow, SNMP and QOS as well as the following platforms - NEXUS switches, and Cisco and Palo Alto Firewalls
* Strongly prefer experience and familiarity with security best practices and participating in IT audits
* Experience in card processing or financial services industry
* Demonstrated experience with Cisco IOS, routing, switching, and security products
* Comprehensive knowledge of Network Administration for Cisco VoIP in a multi-campus, LAN/WAN infrastructure preferred
* Understanding of WAN solutions including IPSec VPN, T1, DS3, NAT, EIGRP, BGP and other routing protocols
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an interest in managing team activities
* Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively
* Position may require heavy lifting and physical activity in the form of packing and unpacking equipment
* CCNP, CCIE certification preferred
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
* As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.