We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our Professional Services team. Reporting to the Director of Professional Services, the Network Engineer will work onsite with our customers - some of the most recognizable companies in the world As well as remotely as projects permit.
Network Engineers work remotely and onsite at customer locations in a post-sales capacity on varied projects. In many instances, they act as consultant to the customer’s resident engineering staff. Projects are typically focused on the design, implementation and migration of firewall, switching, routing and security products. They often involve the evaluation of a current solution before implementing a replacement network.
We are looking for candidates with the desire and personality to be one of the top consultants in the field. Our engineers are given the freedom to manage their own travel and work schedule. They manage their time productively and take full responsibility for the project deliverables.
This position is fast paced, highly technical and demands excellent communication skills. It potentially involves up to 50% travel. Successful candidates come with a realistic view of what remote and onsite consulting requires.
This role is located in the Seattle, WA area.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Highly knowledgeable in one of the following areas
- Juniper Routing, Switching & Security
- Cisco Routing, Switching & Security
- BS Degree in Electronics/Communication/Electrical or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- A detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP networks - TCP/IP fundamentals, Routing protocol operation (OSPF and BGP), Routing policies, VPNs, Tunneling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, etc.), Switching, spanning tree, Firewalls and associated technologies
- Hands-on configuration and operational knowledge of Juniper Networks router, firewall and switching products
- Strong troubleshooting skills, as well as the ability to proactively find current or potential problems in the customer’s network and change plans
- Strong Interpersonal skills. The ability to work well with many levels of customer engineering and management
- The ability to function in a team environment
- The ability to be self-directed as well as take directions
- Excellent communication skills - articulating customer problems proactively
- A passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years experience in managing large technical account activity revolving around network products from multiple vendors
- Experience with Arista Networks
- Experience with Cumulus Networks
- Experience with scripting or programming languages including Python, SLAX, and NETCONF
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- Cisco CCNP-SP/RS/DC, CCIE-SP/RS/DC
- Juniper JNCIP-ENT/SP, JNCIE-ENT/SP