Search for more jobs
Senior Network Engineer
* Job: 21440-MMCC
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Information Technology
This position within the Infrastructure and Data Center Operations team is responsible for taking on a leadership role supporting our global data network, network/security applications, and related projects within the company. Responsibilities include supporting and improving our WAN/LAN design, wireless, console servers, server/services, and operational processes.
The ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced global team environment with experience in Network Engineering including:
Network design, deployment, optimization, and administration experience with WAN/LAN/WLAN technologies. Juniper and Aruba experience is preferred.
Working knowledge of network switching and routing protocols, QoS, VOIP, DHCP, DNS.
Experience working in a team environment with other systems administrators/engineers and in a multi-national team.
Knowledge of current industry best practices and trends.
Possesses strong problem-solving and communication skills.
Liaison relationship to our software and development organizations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop procedures, proposals, plans, and guidelines for network design and system configuration, deployment, and support.
* Work with team members to provide technical solutions and guidance for internal customers and team members in all aspects of networking operating systems
* Perform and assist internal customers and team members in resolving escalated networking issues.
* Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the various networking technologies, server operating systems, remote access technologies, policies, procedures and best practices; suggest ways to improve/expand upon the efficiency of operations.
* Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct operational problems
* Assist in the research, selection and implementation of network and security solutions within MathWorks.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with Juniper, Cisco, HP or equivalent firewall/switch/routing equipment, Aruba Wireless, VoIP, IP networking
* Experience with managing medium to large network infrastructures
* Professional certifications in networking, Unix, windows, or storage system administration desirable
* Ability to work independently and in team settings
* The ability and desire to thoroughly understand low level networking technologies.
Networking experience with Private Internal Cloud (VMware or Open Stack environments) and connectivity to and within Public Cloud providers
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.