Position: Senior Network Engineer
Department: Corporate IT&T
Location: Watertown Office
Reports To: Director of Information Technology, Americas
Core Skills: Troubleshooting,Cisco/HP routers & switches, SolarWinds
SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
SAI Global is looking to hire a senior network engineer to support a high-growth period for the company! Our IT landscape is constantly expanding as we continually identify ways to innovate as a leader in the GRC SaaS space. Due to our growing LAN/WAN footprint - rooted in Cisco and HP technologies - we are seeking a motivated and solutions-oriented networking specialist to help us succeed in our vision.
As a key member of our IT Infrastructure team, you would play a pivotal role in the implementation, support, and management of SAI Global's network infrastructure, a robust system that spans across all our Americas' business lines. Liaising closely with technology teams in APAC and EMEA regions, you would actively participate in the development of strategies, business cases, and project timelines, as they relate to the timely completion of Corporate IT&T project work. Additionally, you would play a lead role in contributing to change control processes, effectively interfacing with our global IT departments to ensure consistency and engineering excellence across the board.
Does this sound like the challenge you have been waiting for? Don't hesitate to apply!
* Engineer, implement, and maintain critical network infrastructure to meet/exceed SLA commitments.
* Employ proactive network support strategies, troubleshooting issues and working out solutions for network ticket requests and any other incidents related to all IT&T supported systems across the Americas region.
* Assume a lead capacity in the ongoing engineering and support of our Americas' network infrastructure, including, but not limited to, the following components: WANs (MPLS/VPN) global connectivity; Cisco and HP routing / switching infrastructures, technologies, and hardware; Firewalls from FortiGate, Juniper, & Cisco product lines; SolarWinds network monitoring and management tools; Cloud Voice-over-IP (VoIP) solutions; Aruba wireless networking technology to help ensure secure access points and control;
* Maintain and respond to SolarWinds network monitoring system and utilize the platform to proactively target incidents.
* Utilize ServiceNow to record, manage, and complete IT ticket request/incidents.
* Spearhead network infrastructure projects, contributing with hands-on engineering expertise and leadership, resulting in the timely completion of strategic initiatives.
* Collaborate with our Global IT systems engineering team to complete cross-functional project work.
* Participate in support / collaborative calls after hours with APAC and EMEA.
* Willingness to travel (occasionally) within the Americas' region.
* Other duties and job responsibilities as assigned.
* Targeting at least 5+ years of professional experience that has ideally focused on installing, testing, delivering, and supporting Cisco/HP, WAN/LAN/wireless environments for mid-large sized organizations.
* Bachelor's degree in IT, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline - preferred, not required.
* Cisco networking certifications, such as the CCNA / CCNP delegations, will be highly considered.
* Adept at configuring and maintaining both Cisco and HP network hardware, routers, switches, etc.
* Well-versed in using SolarWinds infrastructure management and monitoring for identifying and diagnosing issues, proactive network alerting, incident management and resolution, and actionable reporting.
* Confident in the use of high availability technology/concepts, especially clustering and load balancing.
* Experience working with major telecom, internet, or cell service providers is preferred - IE. Level 3, AT&T, Verizon.
* Experience supporting a network environment that adhered to externally driven customer SLAs.
* Bonus skills: VMware, network security concepts, cloud networking, Azure, Amazon Web Services, scripting, infrastructure automation / infrastructure-as-code.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills coupled with great documentation ability.
* Strong team relationship / collaboration focus.
* Analytical problem-solving ability - solutions-oriented.
* Passion for engineering excellence, achieved through best practices and strategic innovation.
* Dedicated customer service mentality and ethics.
* Time management skills in balancing priorities and working to deadlines.
SAI Global is a recognized leading provider of integrated risk management solutions, assurance, and property services. We help organizations protect their brands by proactively managing risk to achieve business excellence, growth, sustainability, and trust.
We have a history rich in the development of innovative business solutions, and today this tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products and solutions in our core business areas of risk management software, standards aggregation, regulatory content, ethics and compliance learning, risk assessments, certification, testing and audits.
SAI Global acquired BWise from Nasdaq in 2019. The combination of BWise's award-winning risk management, internal audit and regulatory compliance platform with SAI Global's industry leading SAI360 risk and compliance solution will create the most complete integrated approach to risk management in the marketplace.
For more information, visit our company site at www.saiglobal.com or our career site.