We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
As a team, we value correctness, efficiency, and safety. We measure and monitor everything, and have a culture of continuous reflection and improvement. We aim to eliminate friction in production and believe that no project should be delayed due to lack of reliable infrastructure. We believe that a well designed production environment can be beautiful. We're looking for a network engineer who shares our values, particularly those who have experience building, monitoring, and maintaining a highly-available backbone interconnecting multiple datacenters.
* Help architect, design, and implement improvements to our global network
* Interface with the security team to design and deliver security-related enhancements
* Perform network based security risk assessments
* Configure and administer network monitoring tools
* Configure and administer routers and switches in a multi-vendor environment
* Drive and/or assist in automating our network
* Troubleshoot network failures and performance issues
* Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above
* Mentor and train other network engineers on the team
* Occasionally be required to travel domestically and internationally
* 5+ years hands-on experience with routing, switching, and load balancing in highly complex environments
* In-depth knowledge of network concepts, devices, and protocols
* Solid OSPF and BGP experience
* Solid experience with open source environments, including automation/development building blocks such as python, git, ansible and others
* Strong communication skills
* Impressive organizational skills and the ability to multitask in an interrupt-driven, real-time environment
* A personal commitment to quality
* Experience with Juniper, Arista and F5 platforms
* Experience designing and implementing IPv6 networks
* You have MPLS experience
* You have experience with DevOps and/or as a programmer
* Open to remote work
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a company providing software, hardware, and financial services products.