Senior Network Engineer
Weedmaps is looking for a Senior Network Engineer whose primary responsibility will be to manage all aspects of corporate and cloud based environments to ensure a stable, secure, and efficient computer network. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. This position is expected to provide advanced technical support for issues that are escalated from the systems and helpdesk teams and is the top escalation point for all critical network related issues; training, mentoring and knowledge transfers to other team members are also expected. For this role you must be detail-oriented, have a strong ability to multitask, be self-driven and must have the constitution to work in a very fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
* Maintain and optimize network infrastructure
* Build and maintain cloud/virtual infrastructure (Azure and AWS)
* Provide support and collaborate on network design and implementations in both corporate and cloud environments.
* Work closely with DevOps organization for the design, delivery and maintenance of continuous integration and testing solution for embedded products.
* Ensure network configuration and compliance standards are adhered to, and develop appropriate standards when incomplete, or out of date
* Documents/diagrams functional and technical process flows to ensure optimization and synchronization of systems, including identifying/advising on best applications for specific business processes, including cloud-based systems, intranet
* Ensures information security protocols and practices are in place to protect unauthorized access and use of corporate data.
* Perform system installation, integration, validation
* Develop, revise and review SOPs, qualification/validation protocols and reports with ongoing awareness to changes in business or regulatory
* Support and collaborate on the development, implementation and administration of processes and procedures to ensure the reliability, recoverability, and optimum performance of network infrastructure systems and solutions
* Leads application issue resolution and change management
* Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and technology roadmap for both corporate offices as well as cloud environments.
* Experience with IPv4 Subnetting
* Experience with Cloud networking
* Understanding of Kubernetes/Container Networking
* Experience with Network architect designing
* Experience with SD-WAN
* Working knowledge of cloud-based networking solutions
* Comfortable documenting and explaining network topologies, understand and diagram existing network diagram, explain and plan for future growth.
* Engineer, build, and test networks for optimum throughput and reliability. Including security, bandwidth management and capacity planning.
* Maintain an enterprise-level infrastructure, including fiber optic and wireless technologies.
* Understand and implement network traffic analysis, remote access methods and systems, application based firewalls, encryption, authentication and authorization technology.
* Develop fault isolation, service recovery, incident analysis procedures, including backup, failover and redundancy contingencies.
* Design and implement network capacity, failure, and intrusion monitoring software systems.
* Exhibit hands-on technical experience working with VPN technologies for remote employees.
* Exhibit an expert understanding of firewall configuration and maintenance.
* Monitor day-to-day network performance, troubleshoot network problems and outages, participate in scheduled upgrades and collaborate with network architects on network optimization.
* Support and administration of firewall environments in line with Security policy.
* Experience using technologies and tools such as: OpenVSwitch, Go, Perl, Consul, SQL, Chef, Git, Jira, Sentry, Prometheus, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and others
* Network VPN protocols GRE, IPSEC, SSL, L2TP, PPTP, SSTP.
* Network applications including VoIP, video, encryption, content delivery.
* Network security including firewalls, proxies, ACL, IPSec, SSL/TLS, IPS/IDS
* Application based firewall experience
* Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
* Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
* 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
* Accident Insurance
* Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
* Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
* Flexible Spending Account
* Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
* All the equipment that you need to get your work done
* Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
* Casual work environment, read "no suit and tie required", but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Berlin, Boston, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!