Senior Network Engineer
How would you like to work in a place where your network is our product? This means you're working in the company's core business, building and maintain a network that is second to none; in speed, security, scalability, and availability. Our networks support millions of users around the globe. We need a talented, Senior Network Engineer to design, build and maintain our corporate data center and cloud networks. This key position will work with other senior engineers to design and implement complex network solutions that ensure Boingo meets performance levels, security concerns, and high customer and consumer expectations.
You should be ready to work hands-on and be proficient with the technical aspects of wired and wireless network architecture. We're looking for someone who is passionate about networks.
* Design Network Infrastructure, plan and execute installation, and provide support in highly available, multi-data center environment, including corporate IT and public-facing services.
* Develop and implement network guidelines and performance standards for QoS, Security, and Network Monitoring etc.
* Develop and maintain documentation for Network design, maintenance and operation
* Analysis and diagnostics of complex technical problems across all technology layers for quick resolution, using packet capture and other diagnostics tools.
* Work with third-party carriers, vendors, and suppliers to resolve network issues and plan for growth.
* Network capacity and disaster recovery planning.
* Translating business needs and requirements into engineered solutions
Is this You?
* You have 7 years' industry experience in a LAN/WAN engineering role performing duties at all phases of the network services lifecycle
* Experience with IP routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
* Experience with network routing and switching technologies
* Strong knowledge of IPv4, VOIP, SSL VPN, IPSec VPN
* 2 years' experience leading application load balancers -
* Any one of the following: F5, Netscaler, A10, Nginx, Radware
* Minimum 5 years hands-on experience with virtual and physical security technologies.
* Any one of the following: Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Juniper, iptables, etc.
* You've handled colocation facilities.
* Experience with support tools such as industry standard network monitoring systems
* Any one of the following: Nagios, Cacti, Solarwinds, Openview, Spiceworks
* Working knowledge of cloud-based networking solutions
* Any one of the following AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
* You have an analytical mind. You can untangle complex problems, analyze information from a variety of sources, and recommend sensible solutions.
* Ability to thrive in an autonomous work environment while helping to organize teams towards a common goal.
* Proficient in packet capture/analysis software
* Solid understanding of the OSI model
Nice to haves
* Virtualization, RADIUS, MPLS, IPv6
* CCNA Wireless or CISSP
* CCDP or CCNP
* Advanced Linux experience (administration, scripting, configuration, solving problems)
* Senior-level experience with Wireless and RF technologies (wireless LAN controllers, access points)
* Experience with vulnerability scanning and management tools and security hardening methodologies.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually - in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We're an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There's a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother's lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It's no wonder we've been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
About Boingo Wireless
Boingo Wireless is a company providing mobile internet through Wi-Fi networks globally.