Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for designing, maintaining, and implementing devices for the network infrastructure. Includes firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, and log collection devices. Troubleshooting complicated issues and collaborating with team on issues. Additional responsibilities include project assistance, upgrades, new technology evaluation, and cross training with other members of the department. Additional desirable skills include VMware, Windows servers, SAN's.
Heartland Payment Systems is a fast paced environment while considering work/life balance an important aspect of employment. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and often promote from within. We typically work with the newest technologies and always looking at ways to give our products a technological advantage over our competitors. We wear jeans to work (yes, jeans!) and like to have fun. Heartland is the 5th largest payment processor in the US and the 9th largest in the world. Publicly traded (NYSE: HPY) and a Fortune 1000 company; we've been named one of ComputerWorld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT. Our primary IT location is ideally located just off the Dallas North Tollway in Granite Park. Our brand new facility has a modern, open floorplan, expansive break areas, an onsite fitness center and cafeteria. We're also within walking distance of many amenities at Granite Park as well as free shuttle service to The Shops at Legacy. Apply today and find out what it's like to work for a leader in the payment technology industry!Job Summary:Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for designing, maintaining, and implementing devices for the network infrastructure. Includes firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, and log collection devices. Troubleshooting complicated issues and collaborating with team on issues. Additional responsibilities include project assistance, upgrades, new technology evaluation, and cross training with other members of the department. Additional desirable skills include VMware, Windows servers, SAN's.Primary Responsibilities/Objectives:
* Design, Implement, and maintain network infrastructure for LAN/WAN environments.
* Analyze requirements and present possible solutions to team.
* Generate documentation of the network infrastructure.
* Work with other Network Support staff, Helpdesk, and Security to resolve issues.
* Assist with Departmental projects.
* Mentor junior level engineers.
Disclaimer:The above statement is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.Core Competencies:
* Seven to ten years of network engineering experience (CCIE or equivalent experience).
* In depth knowledge of networking platforms including, but not limited to, Cisco routers, LAN switches (Cisco IOS, NX-OS, including chassis switches), Cisco ASR routers, Checkpoint and Palo Alto firewalls, A10, Radware and F5 load-balancing appliances, Cisco Wireless Controllers, both Cisco and F5 VPN solutions.
* In depth knowledge of network technologies including, but not limited to, IP routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP), VPN technologies (IPSEC, DMVPN, MPLS), WAN technologies (Frame Relay, HDLC, PPP), LAN technologies (Ethernet, WiFi, 802.1q, PAGP/LACP), layer three switching, access control lists, Cisco Virtual Switching System (VSS), VoIP, and QoS.
* In depth knowledge of security solutions, including, but not limited to, stateful packet inspection firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, 802.1x, and VPN technologies.
* In depth knowledge of HA solutions including, but not limited to, HSRP, GLBP, VRRP.
* Experience with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and 10g networks.
* Familiarity with Network Management tools including, but not limited to, Solar Winds, RADIUS/TACACS servers, General SNMP and syslog.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong technical documentation skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to conduct research into technical issues, standards, and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Demonstrable team leadership experience
Experience:Seven to ten years of network engineering experience (CCIE or equivalent experience). Experience working in a PCI-conscious environment is a definite plus.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.