NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to support our team in Kearneysville, WV. This position is open only to candidates with an active Secret security clearance.
* Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices
* Apply practical background in Linux, Network Security, and Network configurations in order to establish efficient technical reviews and support processes, including tools and products deployed to USCG network.
* Describe the technical approach, organizational resources and management controls across the program and provide data integration and technical engineering support.
* Requirements development and management support for Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) integration. Facilitate operational, functional, and technical requirements gathering and provide functional analysis to identify, document and manage operational, functional, and technical requirements.
* Onsite management of the JRSS system integration into the current USCG network. Ensure that existing technologies currently deployed in the USCG network and JRSS technologies accomplish and perform similar functionality.
* Testing and integration of proposed solution products. Review, maintain, and update documentation and test plans as needed Document formal test plans and test reports, consisting of test cases derived from operational requirements. Support Government Acceptance Testing (GAT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and other testing and demonstrations as needed to meet system release criteria. Work in a team environment, especially in "day-to-day" interaction with the Project Director (PD), Operations Director (OD), and other USCG network engineers to ensure solutions meet requirements and are optimized for system and environment flexibility
* Draft technical issue papers, memoranda, and briefings, including translating program technical issues and risks into executive-level terms or senior decision makers and government staff assistants
* Administrate site survey's, designs and implements complex networks that typically link numerous computing platforms, operating systems and network topologies across widely dispersed geographical areas
* Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Government customers, and contracting team members
* Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met
* Work with staff members to ensure systems are patched and in compliance with all DHS and DoD regulations and STIGS
* Create and update network diagrams and device documentation related to complicated network designs across various networks
* Work with government on design, purchasing, and implementation decisions
* Work with peers to ensure documentation and knowledge sharing is adequate and there is no single point of failure
* At least four years of experience designing and creating network architectures over various networks
* Knowledge of industry accepted standards and best practices related to LAN/WAN networks
* In-depth knowledge of networking such as LANs, WANs, VPNs, Routers, Switches and Firewalls
* Travel may be required to remote sites to deploy or repair devices or attend meetings
* Must have active DoD Secret Clearance
* Must be DoD 8570 IAT III (within first 90 days on job)
* A minimum of four years' work related experience
Desired Experience/Skillsets (Nice to have but not required):
* CCNA or CCNP
* CISSP or CASP (IAT III)
* JRSS, Network Admin
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled