We're the driverless car company. We're building the world's best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We're hiring people who want to solve some of today's most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to help us build and maintain ASN 19755 to deliver production and development services to autonomous vehicles.
* Maintain standards-based network designs for company's office and backbone infrastructure
* Help maintain our Cisco switches, routers, wireless and access equipment
* Deploy and maintain our software defined cloud networking, primarily in GCP and AWS
* Document all infrastructure and maintain correctness
* Work with internal IT resources to troubleshoot internal user issues
* Proactively identify capacity bottleneck and plan/execute solution for them
* Manage and resolve issues with ISPs, transit providers, and peering interconnects.
* Participate in Network Operations On-call rotation.
* Maintain and automate the Cruise global network
* 7+ years of hands-on network support
* Strong hands-on knowledge of NX-OS, IOS-XE, Arista EOS
* Experience working in Corporate and Production Infrastructure Environments.
* Demonstrable experience with high performance switching environments
* Experience managing production workloads in AWS or GCP
* Experience working with ISPs to support internet connections
* AWS or GCP certifications
* Programming experience in Python, Bash, Golang, C++, etc.
* Experience with container networking solutions
* Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Competitive salary and benefits including matched 401k, medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
* Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
* State of the art equipment for your work station
* Lunch, snacks, and dinner
* Free rides in self-driving cars!
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About Cruise Automation
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.