Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the company and deploying the Chief Technology Officers vision. Using an active and practical approach, the Senior Network Engineer will assist all employees in Network Engineering, Network Operations (NOC), Facilities, IT and Cloud Services departments to attain the company's strategic goals established in the company's strategic plan. This Position will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer
* Deep understanding of MPLS and network Design, engineering and deployment in a Juniper Networks routed environment.
* Manage and direct large multi-state projects and report accordingly.
* Directs the company's strategic direction, development and future growth per CTO's plan.
* Oversee various system designs and changes in system architecture.
* Works in a consultative fashion with other department heads, such as Outside Plant (OSP), Inside Plant (ISP), Sales, Operations, and marketing as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
* Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics.
* Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
* Create network safeguards to ensure no data breaches.
* Ensure the seamless integration of new platforms with existing systems.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
* 5+ years' experience with Juniper Network routing systems preferably MX Platform.
* Understanding of optical systems with emphasis on the Ciena Z series.
* Demonstrated track record of success in leading technology teams with exceptional strategic vision, conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* 10 Years in a technical role in Telecommunications or IT related field with emphasis on Fiber optics and Ethernet based systems.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT Management, Computer Engineering
* Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
* Strong process improvement orientation.
* Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.
* Strong writing and presentation skills.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
* Ability to present complex ideas in clear, concise manner to technical and non-technical groups.
* Skilled at strategic planning and coordination across multiple functions.
* Seasoned judgment for working independently and taking initiative - characterized by urgency and productivity.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a decentralized business, managing multiple stakeholders with interpersonal finesse.
* Strong Fiber Optics background in design and deployment of fiber structures and systems.
* Understand client requirements and how they translate into product features.
* Understands complex network design and deployment for fiber optics based systems.
* Experience in advanced Ethernet routing protocols and switching methods.
* Strong experience in transport networks including DWDM, CWDM, and SONET based networks.
* Relevant experience managing operations of network based facilities.
* Ability to negotiate and work with equipment and hardware vendors
* Successful in fast paced and quick changing environments.