Senior Network Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 12
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Seattle University is recruiting a Senior Network Engineer to support wired and wireless services on our college campus with a focus on customer service and student success. This position reports to the Manager of Network Operations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
* Be the subject matter expert for our Cisco wireless networks. Configure, upgrade, and support the wireless components and services of our secure and guest wifi networks consisting of nearly 1,500 wireless access points, high-availability wireless controllers, and 1.8 million interior square feet of wireless coverage. Utilize Cisco Prime Infrastructure to build and maintain coverage maps, troubleshoot end user device connectivity, and generate monthly reports of wireless use and metrics. Continually improve and enhance wireless support documentation used by IT team members, our onsite Help Desk, and our end users. Develop an understanding of the University's functional wireless requirements, recommend service improvements or upgrades, and lead the refresh project(s).
* Lead the configuration, upgrade, and support of the Cisco wired network installed throughout our 50 acre campus. Utilize Cisco Prime Infrastructure to archive switch configurations, deploy switch OS updates, and generate inventory reports.
* Provide backup support for our Palo Alto high-availability firewalls, F5 load balancers, and end user vpn access on high-availability Cisco ASA and Palo Alto firewalls.
* Maintain Microsoft DNS, DHCP, and Route 53 DNS.
* Provide backup support of Cisco VoIP phones, analog gateways, voice routers, and telecom circuits.
* Maintain copper and fiber cable plants including cross-connect installation, minor repairs, documentation, implementation standards, and review of contractor work to ensure deliverables meet documented requirements.
* Direct the work activities of junior engineers and student workers to perform daily Move/Add/Change activities of network provisioning, troubleshooting, project tasks, and documentation updates.
* Participate in monthly after-hours network maintenance activities as needed to keep network systems properly patched and upgraded.
* Provide project support and coordination for both IT and University initiated projects.
* Cultivate customer relationships: actively solicit feedback from, share information with, and communicate with stakeholders.
* Challenge the status quo and effect positive organizational change.
* Deliver services in keeping with our dedication to operational excellence.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* A deep understanding of Cisco 5520 high-availability wireless LAN controllers, multiple WLANs and SSIDs, multiple interfaces and interface groups, 802.1x and PSK and web-auth authentication, AP groups, and controller software upgrades.
* Minimum 4 years hands-on experience in a LAN environment with 75 or more managed network switches in which you provided daily connectivity support, software updates, and hardware updates.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco IOS configuration and maintenance of 2960, 3750, 3850, 4510, and 4500-X switches.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco NX-OS configuration and maintenance of 5548 and 2248 data center switches including NX-OS virtual port-channel (VPC) and Fabric Extender Technology (FEX).
* Deep understanding of VLANs, STP, 802.1Q, Multicast, IPv4 addressing, SNMP, DNS, DHCP.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Network Policy Server (NPS) as RADIUS service.
* Experience troubleshooting wireless connectivity on Windows, MAC OS X, Chromebook, Apple iOS, and Android devices.
* Additional consideration will be given to applicants with demonstrated experience with
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) v11.5 or newer.
* Applicable Cisco certifications and completed Cisco training.
* Intermediate Excel experience: format and print spreadsheet, manipulate numeric or text data with SUM, COUNTIF, CLEAN, CONCATENATE, VLOOKUP. Filter and Sort. Conditional formatting. Import text file.
* Intermediate Word experience: format and print document, apply styles, create tables, insert graphic files, create table of contents, apply watermark.
* Experience managing multiple priorities concurrently.
* Accountability with regard to meeting deadlines and commitments.
* Confidence and poise when addressing customer or performance concerns.
* A commitment to achieve consistent results, demonstrating drive and a desire to challenge yourself and your team.
* Experience managing resources to deliver services or solutions that exceed expectations.
WHO YOU ARE:
* Committed to Diversity and Inclusion. You are deliberately inclusive in your actions and value diversity in your team.
* Motivated. You are energized by the success of customers, colleagues, and the community.
* Curious. You seek ways to improve and learn.
* Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
* A Leader. You have the vision to set a clear strategy and the experience to understand how to prioritize goals.
WE WANT YOU TO:
Share our values: Seattle University employees embody our Mission and Values in our work and everything we do. We are dedicated to educating the whole person, to professional formation, and to empowering leaders for a just and humane world.
Make an impact: At one of the most diverse college campuses in the northwest, Seattle University students have a unique opportunity to explore and understand the world around them. Our students push themselves to expand their views in order to discover and fortify their own path in life. Join our team to help us make a lasting impact on our students that will last long after they've left our campus.
Learn and grow: With our mission to educate the whole person, IT Services supports professional development for all our team members. SeattleU also offers a generous tuition benefit program. Come and grow with us.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* A desire to evaluate the current services, develop business requirements, evaluate new technologies, and make recommendations.
* Comfort balancing multiple priorities concurrently.
* Accountability when meeting deadlines and commitments.
* Confidence and poise when addressing customer and performance concerns.
* A commitment to consistent results.
* Drive and a desire to challenge yourself and your team.
* Experience managing people and technologies to deliver solutions that exceed expectations.
Benefits at a Glance
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuits value, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage, and plan for your future with a generous 10% employer contribution for retirement benefits. You may also take advantage of 100% tuition remission benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Christmas break closure, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to attach an electronic cover letter and resume when applying. Persons who need assistance with the recruitment process may contact the Office of Human Resources at: 206-296-5870. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.