Leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system. Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors. Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience. Typically 7-10 years of IT experience.
At Bank of America, we're a culture that…
* Knows diversity is broader than gender, race and origin.
* Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
* Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
* Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
* Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
* Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
* Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
The technology areas of focus for the role includes, Data Center and End User networks, public and private transport systems, WAN, Optical systems and emerging technologies such as Switched-Ethernet, LTE, (etc.), Corporate/Branch and Building Networking including Wireless LAN. Knowledge in related technology areas such as Voice and Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions and Network Transport Services is required. Network Appliance, Video and Unified Communications knowledge are important.
This role also provides senior networking technical support to other stakeholders including problem and incident support to Network Operations. An understanding of the role of Operations; troubleshooting practices and the use of proactive and reactive tools is important to the Data Network Engineer's role. They must be mindful of how their role impacts the firm's business and reputation. Concepts such as driving value, always delivering quality and understanding how their work impacts service resiliency (C&R) are important.
This role is part of a global solutions and service delivery organization. This position will interface directly with internal and external customers/suppliers/providers; architecture, product engineering, product management, finance and business management and operations teams. At times, they may interface with various levels of senior management. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are a must. The candidate must be able to work on their own and successfully in team settings in various sizes and locations. Adherence and use of standards, product sets, templates, systems and artifacts are important to the success of the engineer, the department and the firm at large. The Data Network Engineer will be considered a subject matter expert in their field and is expected to stay current with various technologies, organizational goals and industry trends to drive end to end value.
Required Job Skills:
* Clear ability to translate business requirements into creditable, high quality and resilient designs based upon the firm's roadmaps and standards. Must understand that their work will not be considered complete until it is successfully accepted into production and is fully monitored and supported by Network Operations.
* The Network Engineer conducts technology assessments. Focuses on managing the design and implementation of new technology solutions. Provides design and detailed consulting as network subject matter expert. Delivers design proposals/budget and scopes for all requests. Works with the Architecture and Product Engineering teams to develop, review, communicate, and revise network standards. Performs large scale network planning; plans, designs and network projects via technical processes, standards and governance as they relate to network engineering activities.
* Knowledge in network sizing, QOS, NAC, CAC and COS traffic classifications. Must have the ability to provide bandwidth requirement calculations.
* Technical areas of focus include but are not limited to WAN/MAN, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers, LAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, NAC, QoS, CAC, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, Multicast, NHRP, ATM, PPP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS, ACL, VNP, Building Wireless/Wi-Fi solutions (802.xx) and carrier "in-building wireless services (DAS) etc. Knowledge of Cable Systems a plus.
* Strong knowledge of Network Security design.
* Must adhere to design standards and global design authority processes and procedures; computer skills and the use of various applications such as MS Office, MS Visio are required.
* Ability to assemble professional documents based on existing templates, ability to provide accurate work descriptions with needed hours for completion, assumptions and caveats.
* Must understand project delivery lifecycle management, the concept of a Detailed Design, Test and Certification methodologies, Back-Out and Validation plans and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, related field and/or technical training.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Minimum of 14 to 16 years' experience in Networking-related disciplines in design, operate and implementation services.
* Cloud or SDN knowledge and experience
* Coding experience
* Experience with NSO, CISCO ACI, Nuage, NSX, VM-Ware
* Strong background in IT service delivery role (i.e. engineering support for projects).
* Experience in various equipment manufacturers including but not limited to CISCO, Juniper, Arista, Brocade, EMC, HP/Aruba, etc.
* Has participated in design and/or implementation of major IT projects.
* Experience in process re-engineering and work styles such as ITIL, Six Sigma, MOF/MSF, etc.
Desired Job Skills:
* Industry Certifications in Arista ACE, CCDP, CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE
* Associated certifications JUNOS/JNCP, Arista, Cisco CCVP, and CCIP-Voice
* Financial services (Insurance, Banking, Investment banking)
* Knowledge and experience in Software and Systems Application and design (Linux, UNIX, etc.)
Posting Date: 07/01/2019
Location: Richardson, TX, BUILDING C, 2380 PERFORMANCE DR, Richmond, VA, VILLA PARK OPS CENTER BLDG C, 8001 VILLA PARK DR, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift