Responsible for performing network design & analysis of new architectures, new routing and restoration approaches; developing systems specifications, technical implementation plans and coordinating complex installation projects with clients and vendors without supervision.
The role will provide support for the existing and future network infrastructure. Responsibilities also include designing solutions to support existing and future services, enhance security posture, and to improve our control environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design/Architect new Data, Internet and Unified Communications Strategies.
* Provide performance forecasting and ensure industry best practices are met
* Design, architect and plan network changes and new infrastructure work with vendors, common carriers and network engineering in identification and resolution of complex network problems
* Provide tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects
* Ensure network performance and network security standards are met
* Provide on-call support according to assigned schedule
* Build, test and support routing and switching components, anti-spam and anti-virus gateways, Internet proxy appliances and voice over IP and installations
* Support and troubleshoot IP communications between hosts and mainframes
* Install equipment and extend, punch down or make cabling connections
* Document network changes, policies and procedures and drawings
* Provide cross-training and mentoring to fellow team members
* Project manage/lead multiple projects of various sizes and schedules.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Excellent presentation skills including planning, material preparation and public speaking
* Excellent typing skills
* Clear, concise and precise written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds
* Negotiation skills including listening and persuasion
* Strong interpersonal, leadership, project management and mentoring skills
* Strong ability to use solution-oriented approach towards problem resolution
* Ability to work independently and with a team, be a team player
* Advanced TCP/IP, VPN, DMVPN, MPLS, VoIP converged video skills including WAN/MAN/LAN technologies with a minimum 5 years' experience.
* Advanced Packet Analysis using Sniffer Tools.
* Advanced data/telecommunications technologies skills (Fax; POTS lines; DSL, T1, SONET, Ethernet, MPLS; 1 Gig; 10 Gig) with a minimum 5 years experience.
* Extensive EIGRP, BGP4, and OSPF Routing Protocol knowledge with a minimum 5 years experience.
Responsible for network design and operations of cloud based architectures. Responsible for the architecture and deployment of multi-tenant cloud/virtualized networks. Works in close coordination with other infrastructure and business services to implement and support cloud/virtual infrastructure solutions.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication, Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a network support role.
Certificates or Licenses:
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCDP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer (CCIE) Certification preferred or equivalent field experience.
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume. Step 2
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.Step 3
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location. For more information about OCC, please click hereOCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer