Job Overview & Responsibilities
Mythics is seeking a Network Engineer with experience working in highly available Data Center environments. As the Engineer, you will oversee the installation of networking hardware as well as maintaining, supervising and troubleshooting the existing network. Network administrators work to install and maintain a network on which a company's information and communications are stored and transmitted. This could include local area networks (LANs) and wireless Internet networks. Cisco administrators have experience specifically in Cisco software and technology products. When a problem arises, the administrator must work quickly to determine a solution and maintain the system's security. Cisco administrators also monitor the company's network and let their superiors know about any emerging requirements or necessary updates.
Working under the direction of the Network Operations Manager/Network Architect; this position requires excellent technical, customer service, and organizational skills to support network operations for customer connections, administrative personnel, and staff. This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments. Duties will include:
* Installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Routers, L2 and L3 Switches, Firewalls, WAN Accelerators, Load balancers, etc.
* Performing a wide range of network administration duties including installations, debugging, maintenance, upgrades, and general support for Cisco, Juniper, HP, Nortel, and Extreme network equipment.
* Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to the networking infrastructure.
* Assist in the configuration and deployment of core and peripheral network devices, which will require continuous learning of new devices (i.e. Nexus switches, ASR routers, and long haul optical equipment).
* Proactive monitoring of all network devices, services, and servers using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA's.
* Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes
* Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
* Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
* Manage & troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity throughout the organization.
* Work closely with the fellow tech team members to provide end-user support and issue resolution.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging tools and technologies.
* Research, evaluate and recommend technologies to support business requirements.
* Rigorously create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures.
* Collaborate with and support the work of other staff engaged in similar functions
* Provide emergency 24 x 7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
* Must be a US Citizen to obtain the required clearance
* Over 10 years of experience and both a B.S. and M.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience, and a Master of Science (M.S.) can be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience.
* 1-3 years direct experience with Cisco 9k/7k/5k/2k/1k, Data center SDN
* 1-3 years direct experience with Cisco ACI
* 1-3 years direct experience with Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC)
* REST architecture, JSON scripting
* 3 years direct experience required in the management and administration of network infrastructure - routers, switches, etc. in a high-availability infrastructure
* 3+ experience with layer 2 network protocols switching, including but not limited to: 802.1Q tagging, STP (and its variations), LACP, etc.
* 3+ years of experience with IP subnetting
* 2+ years of experience with layer 3 network routing, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
* 2+ years of layer 4 IP protocol suites (TCP, UDP, ICMP, GRE, etc.)
* 3+ years of experience with access technologies such as LDAP, AD, RADIUS, TACACS
* 2+ years direct experience in management and administration of the F5 BIG-IP product line including Load-balancing, iRules and SSL termination.
* Extensive knowledge of data center technologies, infrastructure and methodologies
* Experience in DNS
* Experience working in structured change management processes
* Cisco Operating Systems such as IOS and/or NX-OS
* Experience with F5 LTM and GTM
* Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills
* Strong organizational / coordination skills
* Desired Certifications: CCNA, CCNP or CCIE
* Desired Experience: Integrating Networks into the Cloud, such as AWS and Azure
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect - Empathy - Excellence - Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
* Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
* Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching and a 529 college saving plan
* Tax-advantaged Health Savings Account and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account options
* Generous PTO bank and paid holidays
* Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
* Engaging company events such as quarterly awards, annual kick off parties, and FUN Fridays (early release once a month)
* Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
* Community Service activities and charitable giving programs
* Our GREEN approach - tracking energy consumption for reduction and purchasing only environmentally friendly products for our offices
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It's a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the "EEO is the Law" Poster here.