First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
What you'll do as a Senior Network Engineer:
* Identification, diagnosis, and resolution of network problems.
* Configuration, deployment, and maintenance of network hardware and software components.
* Configuration, deployment, and management of network monitoring.
* Design and deploy complex network solutions across 19 technology domains.
* Performance analysis and capacity planning for network circuits and devices.
* Ensure network devices are configured and maintained in accordance with appropriate standards, best practices, and regulatory compliance requirements. Utilize and follow the change management process for network changes.
* Hardware installation and maintenance of network devices, including lifting up to 50lbs to heights of up to 6ft.
* Configuration of firewalls and other network security infrastructure.
* Provide Level 3 support to Network Operations for all LAN/WAN issues.
* Effectively communicate both technical details and summarized impact analysis to Management.
* Provide necessary network infrastructure support for day to day operations and appropriate disaster recovery procedures to support business continuity.
* Keep abreast of new technologies and recommend adoption as appropriate. Identify areas for automation or other process improvement.
* Cross-train to enhance skill-set with peers and superiors.
* Participate in team on-call rotation and provide support during project and operations related cutovers.
* Ensure network equipment is upgraded in line with vendor recommended operating system.
* Maintenance of asset information and other documentation.
* Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
* Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
* Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
What skills you will use:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
* Expert knowledge of Cisco networking equipment and software - Cisco CCNP or equivalent - with a minimum 5 years' experience with design and deployment of enterprise LAN/WAN networks in mission-critical, 7x24 production environments
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
* Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments
* Extensive experience with both interior and exterior routing protocols, including OSPF, and BGP
* Solid understanding of routing concepts and experience with BGP, GRE, IPSEC and other VPN technologies
* Experience designing and supporting high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
* Experience supporting secure enterprise wireless networks; including Aruba knowledge and experience
* Experience supporting IP-based voice and video systems, including QoS on both LAN and WAN infrastructure
* Experience deploying and managing SNMP-based network monitoring tools
* Good working knowledge of Juniper, Cisco and Palo Alto Networks firewalls and security appliances including Junos SPACE
* Familiarity with Cisco Telepresence on Tandberg hardware
* Familiarity with Websense, NetBrain, InfoBlox, Riverbed, Splunk/ArcSight, AWS or other Cloud Providers, F5 Load balancers, Akamai Know and Akamai Prolexic.
* Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Team player
* Provides extraordinary service
* Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.