SAIC seeks a Senior Network Engineer to plan and develop telecommunications solutions involving computer and communications equipment. They analyze network alternatives and develop recommendations for improvements.
* Analyze, design, test, and evaluate network systems, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), Internet, intranet, satellite, and other data communications systems.
* Perform network modeling, analysis, and planningOversee the work of Mid-, and Junior-level contractor Network Systems Engineers
* Active TS/SCI clearance and able and willing to pass a polygraph exam
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program
* 12-18 years of working experience in cloud-based systems architecting
* Network technology course/certification in TCP/IP with applied understanding of the following: Roles of devices in TCP/IP network; Details of IP, ARP, TCP, ICMP and UDP; Functions of FTP, HTTP, Telnet and other applications of TCP/IP; Use of Voice over IP or VoIP, email messaging and multicasting; Troubleshooting for TCP/IP issues at each network layer
* Completion of a specialized wireless network course and/or certification
* Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program
* Network technology course/certification in one or more areas: Configuring TCP/IP on server computers; Managing and troubleshooting DNS and DHCP; Installing and configuring network and software infrastructure; Configuring and managing device routing and remote access; Monitoring and maintain network infrastructure
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability