Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for being the most senior technical member of the Network Engineering team. They are expected to apply advanced knowledge of network engineering of cloud virtual devices and physical network devices to lead the NOMB network engineering team. Duties include overseeing and mentoring the Intermediate and Junior level staff in performing network infrastructure implementation, configuration, and maintaining operational infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Assigns tasks and monitors the status of tasks and projects related to physical and Cloud network infrastructure and network operations.
* Compiles reports on project and task statuses for the Network Engineering Team. Creates documentation and communications in a client-ready state to present to management and other stakeholder.
* Provides input for project plans, work breakdown structures, and LOE's for completing project and day to day activities to contract management staff.
* Analyzes customer needs and provides network implementation strategies and plans to assign to the network engineering staff.
* Provides design and implementation of classified and unclassified networks in both conventional and cloud environments.
* Provide configuration, support, maintenance and troubleshooting of network infrastructure to include advanced routers and firewalls.
* Establishes advanced configurations in support of network infrastructure implementation tasks.
* Design and implement network infrastructure based on plans and architecture.
* Develop network documentation for handover to SA O&M team.
* Perform root cause analysis, and define after action reports and lessons learned when resolving an issue
* Plan installations, transitions, conversions, and cut-overs of network components and capabilities
* Analyze network characteristics, including traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput, troubleshoot problems, and recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
* Conduct network and security assessments to troubleshoot and optimize network performance and design.
* Provide performance metrics to justify recommendations and courses of action to government leadership.
* Installed, Configured, and Troubleshot Cisco LAN/WAN Networks.
* Performed maintenance and troubleshooting procedures for 2000, 3000, 4000, 7000 Cisco Series routers.
* Implemented preventive maintenance schedules for 2000, 3000, 4000, 4500, and 6500 Cisco switches.
* Monitoring network connectivity using GEM-X software 4.1v10.
Education, Experience & Licensure:
* Must be a US citizen and possess a TOP SECRET clearance.
* Must possess a bachelor degree in engineering or computer science or related IT field and ten years of experience in support of Windows/Linux/Unix operating systems, Cisco networking equipment and systems integration for classified and unclassified networks.
* Experience in planning and executing systems engineering projects in support of system engineering life cycle development for classified and unclassified environments.
* Must have understanding of the Border Gateway Routing Protocol (BGRP) and Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE).
* Experience with VPN encryption devices, such as Cisco routers, Cisco ASA's and Nortel Connectivity.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Knowledge of CISCO routers and switches and networking technologies.
* Require strong problem solving, leadership and project management skills.
* Proficiency with all aspects of Windows Server 2003, 2008 Active Directory Services.
* Must be able to troubleshoot network connectivity issues and resolve problems related to outages.
* Must be able to evaluate residing systems for network, system and security readiness as well as provide troubleshooting for application environment issues.
* Desired professional certifications: CCNP, CCNA, Security+, COMSEC trained/certified, Microsoft Systems Engineer + Internet, TACLANE R3.5v5.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use fabrication tools; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, candidates for posted positions must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Tatitlek will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances. May require occasional travel.
Native preference applies.
The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law