QIAGEN Bioinformatics delivers systems biology expertise to biologists and bioinformaticians in commercial and academic settings through pathways analysis software, genome-scale computable network databases, and knowledge management software and infrastructure, resulting in increased R&D productivity and faster drugs to market.
Reporting to the Director of IT Operations, and working closely with a highly talented team of UNIX system administrators, DBA's and systems engineers, as Network and Security Engineer you will be responsible for the architecture, implementation and day to day management of Ingenuity's network infrastructure. Your responsibilities will include:
* Administration of 80+ Cisco network devices, including 65xx and 37xx series switches (access, core and distribution), 72xx and 35xx series routers, FWSM and ASA series firewalls, Fortinet FW's, and F5 web load balancers.
* LAN/WAN/Internet network and security architecture and administration.
* Internet and WAN routing, including BGP and site-to-site VPN.
* Coordination with outside vendors, including Telcom, ISP and collocation service contracts.
* Develop and maintain detailed system and process documentation.
* Provide training to other NA's to back you up in your area of responsibility.
* In-depth packet/protocol level network traffic analysis for troubleshooting of complex system issues and performance optimization.
* Participate in 24x7 on-call support responsibilities for globally dispersed data centers in 5+ countries and rapidly expanding.
* Frequent off-hours work may be required / some travel required.
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
* BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
* Active CCNP / CCSP certification.
* At least 7 years of experience in network and security administration in a 80+ network device environment, with demonstrated knowledge and experience managing Cisco enterprise and data center class switching, routing and security systems. Experience with Fortinet FW's a plus.
* Prior experience managing remote production data centers globally dispersed with servers, virtualization, enterprise storage arrays, full redundancy and vendor management.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the following technologies, management and monitoring tools or equivalents: Nagios, BMC BCAN, Ethereal, RSA-ACE, Cisco Secure ACS, Cisco NetFlow, Cisco ASA, Fortinet,F5 BigIP, Wireless, and VOIP.
* Proficiency with UNIX and expertise with standard core UNIX network services such as DNS, SMTP, NTP, SMTP, virtualization, etc.
* Ability to manage projects independently.
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.