Senior Network Engineer
Position: Full time
Location: Carlsbad office
NTENT provides a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), allowing industry partners to customize, localize and integrate Voice Assistant and Search technologies directly into their business-to-consumer offerings. NTENT utilizes advanced machine learning to decipher meaning and surface the most relevant answers, results, content and ads, via conversational interfaces or text.
We are a unique group of brilliant minds intent on discovering, learning and building. We work in a vibrant atmosphere, with an emphasis on personal and professional development. This is an opportunity to tackle complex problems usually reserved for a handful of large companies in the search industry.
About the Opportunity:
We are a dynamic company looking for our next great hire to join our team in Carlsbad, California.
We are looking for a talented Senior Network Engineer to join our team to deliver world class search technologies to mobile devices. You will work with key members of the Infrastructure, Engineering and Operations teams to deliver and scale NTENT's powerful search services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design, architect and maintain highly available network infrastructure.
* Ensure correct tuning, performance and upgrading of key technologies.
* Monitor, troubleshoot and respond to incidents for these systems, maintaining SLAs and platform availability.
* Focus on scale-able solutions including load balancers, switches, VPNs and routers.
* Ensure all configuration is correctly treated as code and reproducible.
* Be a key contributor to scaling these systems and deployment of new systems into our globally distributed datacenters and new datacenter rollouts.
Skills and Qualifications:
* 4+ years of experience as a Network Engineer for large throughput and data platforms.
* Data Center Networking experience is a must.
* Configuration, Architecture, Deployment, Upgrades, Monitoring and Performance tuning.
* Familiarity with distributed high availability clustered systems, such as: Hadoop, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, VMware, SAN or NAS storage and compute clusters.
* Experience with the Cisco Nexus and VPC.
* Working knowledge of Palo Alto Firewalls and F5 Big-IP.
* Familiarity with WAN and LAN topologies, routing and IPsec tunnels.
The following experience is a plus:
* General Linux system administration skills.
* Familiarity with configuration management systems. Puppet preferred.
* Treat infrastructure as code i.e. automation, repeatability and consistency.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and be able to work independently. A keen interest in various aspects of language processing is essential in our multi-disciplinary team.
We offer a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Employees receive a generous time off (PTO) plan and 13 holidays per year. We also offer 401(k) benefits, long term disability benefits and life insurance.