BAIN CAPITAL OVERVIEW:
Bain Capital, LP is one of the world's leading private multi-asset alternative investment firms with over $105 billion of assets under management that creates lasting impact for our investors, teams, businesses, and communities in which we live. Since our founding in 1984, we've applied our insight and experience to organically expand into several asset classes including private equity, credit, public equity, venture capital and real estate. We leverage our shared platform to capture cross-asset class opportunities in strategic areas of focus. With offices on four continents, our global team aligns our interests with those of our investors for lasting impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with Director of Communication Services in maintaining existing network architecture, and implementation of next generation network architecture strategy in line with corporate strategic initiatives.
* Develop and present network engineering design packages in relation to the ongoing maintenance and enhancements of the private Wide Area Network (WAN), VPN backup network, Data Center network, and Wireless network.
* Plan, maintain, implement, support and troubleshoot the MPLS backbone.
* Implement routing protocols, including BGP and OSPF.
* Configuration and implementation of network hardware, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless lan controller, WAN application accelerators.
* Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network topology, equipment, configuration, and design.
* Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and maintenance contracts and related documentation and technical specifications.
* Execute monthly reports to assist in immediate and long-term improvement of network quality and proper growth (capacity) planning.
* Plan, maintain, implement, support, and troubleshoot quality of service (QoS) policies throughout the converged data/video/voice network backbone.
* Perform network support during afterhours change windows.
* Cover rotating 24x7 on-call pager.
* 5-7 years experience maintaining a global network design, operational support, hands-on implementation and configuration of routers, switches, WLAN controllers, firewalls.
* CCNA, CCNP Certification (CCNP preferred).
* Expert knowledge of Cisco routers and switches.
* Expert knowledge of BGP MPLS, OSPF, TCP/IP, VPNs, firewalls, DNS, and VoIP.
* Extensive experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting Cisco switching technologies including VLANs, Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN Trunking Protocol, inter-VLAN routing, and trunking with 802.1q, ether-channel, and vPC.
* Experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting WiFi networks, Aruba wireless preferred.
* Experience working with AWS cloud network technologies
* Experience with Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Office Suite.
* Experience with network management platforms, SNMP, traffic management, and capacity planning to help with network troubleshooting and network tuning.
* Knowledge of Cisco Voice over IP (VoIP) networks including CUCM, IM&P, Unity Connect, UCCX, Expressway.
* Knowledge of IP traffic flow, NetFlow, protocol analysis, capturing and monitoring of live traffic streams.
About Bain Capital
Bain Capital is a global alternative investment firm.