ASRC Federal Space and Defense brings a 15-year history of delivering high-performance space systems engineering, integration and satellite operations services to civil and defense agencies. ASRC Federal Space and Defense provides these services throughout all phases of the program life cycle and across the entire space systems architecture, including space and ground assets. We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join our team at the NRL at Blossom Point Tracking Facility (BPTF) in Welcome, MD.
Provides expert level technical engineering in all phases of network development, operation and management. Develops and evaluates alternative utilization or configuration options while adhering to the operational and security requirements of the network. Conducts network performance and trend analysis to include individual circuit availability rates. Develops processes and programs to enhance network performance and reliability. Conducts network testing, supervises technology insertion, and evaluates developmental software applications. Provides functional guidance, supervision, technical support, training and quality assurance/quality control to Associate and Intermediate personnel. Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
Relevant Experience Considerations
* Expertise in IP technologies; i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies
* Expertise in Cisco and/or Juniper switches, routers
* Expertise with Cisco IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools and general practices
* Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
* Expertise in IP addresses and subnets for networking devices and ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices
* Command line interface (CLI) and Cisco network scripting skills
* Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes
* Ability to work either independently, or in a team focused dynamic environment
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
10-15 years relative experience required
* IA 8570 Security or Higher Required at Start
* Cisco and Security certifications are required
* Windows and Linux certifications desired
Bachelors degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS),
Computer Science, Physics, and/or Math desired
* Must possess a DoD SECRET clearance and be able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI with CI POLY clearance.