Sargent & Lundy is a worldwide leader in professional services for the electric power industry. Our distinctive capabilities provide domestic and international clients and partners with a thoroughly reliable source of comprehensive expertise. Sargent & Lundy offers challenge, flexibility, competitive salaries and benefits.
We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer. In this position you will be involved in a wide range of network infrastructure and security duties including on-premises and cloud network architectures, firewalls, identity, and traffic analysis.
* Duties include:
* Install, configure, troubleshoot, upgrade, and support an extensive Cisco LAN/WAN network infrastructure.
* Install, configure, troubleshoot, upgrade, and support Checkpoint threat prevention appliances.
* Install, configure, troubleshoot, upgrade and support servers/appliances that provide key network services including remote access VPN appliances, SecurID appliances, DNS/DHCP servers, ftp servers, wan acceleration devices, etc.).
* Install, configure and support network management/monitoring solutions such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure, NetBrain, and Splunk.
* Use packet capture tools (wired and wireless) to identify and resolve user or network communications issues.
* Provide daily monitoring/detection of potential threats and develop risk mitigation solution.
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting for network infrastructure and security issues.
* Work with users, clients, vendors, and ISPs to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to LAN/WAN communications, point-to-point links, site-to-site VPNS, Internet access, etc.
* Maintain documents pertaining to network changes and activities.
* Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise networks.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
* A college degree in Computer Science or equivalent in education/experience
* A minimum of ten years actively working in an Enterprise LAN/WAN environment, managing and supporting the integrity and security of a complex network infrastructure consisting of routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points and other network appliances/servers.
* Extensive working knowledge of IP networks, routing, layer 2 and layer 3 switching, routing protocols such as BGP or EIGRP, QOS, VPN technologies, VPLS and network protocols such as DHCP and DNS.
* Enterprise level experience configuring, managing and troubleshooting Check Point threat prevention appliances.
* Enterprise level experience configuring, managing and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches (core/distribution and access), IOS firewall features, ASA appliances, wireless controllers and access points for LAN and WAN environments.
* Experience with remote access and multi-factor security technologies, such as SSL VPNs and RSA SecurID systems.
* Experience with network management software, such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
* Experience with WAN acceleration technologies, such as Cisco WAAS and Riverbed Steelheads.
* Strong analytical network troubleshooting skills and proficiency with packet capture tools.
* Ability to perform complex migrations/upgrades and deploy new technologies/features as the network environment evolves.
* Ability to apply security and networking concepts to emerging cloud solutions, including Azure and AWS
* Strong fundamentals in Disaster Recovery, Change Management, Logging and Alerting, and Incident Response
* Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary to support testing, maintenance or emergency activities.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.