AT&T provides world class digital content delivery and is continuing to expand its role as the largest digital video service provider in the world - diving into engineering challenges with OTT content delivery, mobile streaming, video on demand, interactive services, recommendations, cloud DVR and dynamic ad insertion. Our teams are challenged to produce innovative solutions more quickly.We are seeking talented, energetic engineers to develop and architect the future of cloud infrastructure that scales seamlessly to meet the growth of services and exceed customer performance expectations. Our vibrant, fast paced environment is the perfect place for an enthusiastic engineer to thrive in.
We are looking for Senior Level Network Administrator at the Mobility & Entertainment Group (M&E). This is an opportunity to work with AT&T's network architecture and operations team, a team of world class talent at the forefront of innovation and technology. As Sr. Level network and infrastructure operations administrator, you'll be responsible for executing and maintaining the designs that will drive the next generation of video networks. You will leverage the best in class industry solutions to build and maintain our linear, streaming and application infrastructure. You will find yourself responsible for solving challenging problems relating to content distribution, security, and reliability. Mentor Junior Engineers in the team and drive team collaboration.
What You Will Do @ AT&T Mobility and Entertainment Group
* Participate in the build and operation of networking to support live linear/OTT video delivery across private and public clouds, the next generation of linear, streaming and application video network architecture and the network and systems infrastructure to support video acquisition, video backhaul and delivery.
* Review planned network transitions, upgrades, technical refresh and preventative maintenance.
* Take ownership of the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, break-fix, monitoring and maintenance of the network.
* Utilize network monitoring tools and data across multiple systems and interfaces for maintenance of the infrastructure and contribute to efforts to determine root cause analysis.
* Identify areas where scripting for network configuration and common management tasks are suitable. Test and deploy automated features.
* Provide data points for analysis and collaboration with engineers on the team.
* Lead activities during maintenance windows and contribute to troubleshooting collaboration and team efforts
* Audit all aspects of security and compliance requirements. Produce reports for audit purposes
* Bachelors of Science in technical area such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
* 7+ years hands on network operation support, troubleshooting and change management lifecycle experience
* Advanced knowledge of broadcast/broadband/OTT video workflows and Best Practices
* Advanced Knowledge on IP networking
* IP routing protocols like BGP, ISIS and OSPF, Policy Routing
* Multicast Routing Protocols such as PIM-SM, PIM-SSM, MSDP, PIM-BSR etc.
* Understanding network and infrastructure securities
* Data centers technologies - VxLAN, ACI, EVPN, etc.
* Knowledge of network technologies (MPLS, L2/L3 VPN Features, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
* Experience with programming and scripting languages such as Java, Python, and UNIX shell scripting, Ansible, Terraform.
* Understanding of latest trends and technologies including mobile and packet core preferred
* Industry recognized training certification: such as Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, or CCDP desirable.
Job ID 1908317 Date posted 06/13/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.