* Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
* Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
* Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
* Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
* Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
* Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
* Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
* Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
* Provides advice and training to end-users.
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
* Provides work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* May serve as a technical team or task leader.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration, system administration and support.
* Knowledge and experience with Cisco IOS / NX-OS required
* Basic knowledge of UNIX/LINUX System Administration
* Ability to use SharePoint
* Knowledge of VMWare
Must possess appropriate, current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CCNA-Security certification or CompTIA Security+ CE. CCNA-Security Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Benefits of this Position:
* Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
* Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
* Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
* 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
* Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
* We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
* Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
* Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
* Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
* Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
* Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers' challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference - helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
General Dynamics Information Technology, or GDIT, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.