We are looking for a qualified Senior .Net developer to develop and maintain Insurance applications. This position reports to the Applications Manager and is responsible for the design, development, deployment, and support of new and existing applications.
The Senior .Net Developer will assist the Application Manager to oversee a team of personnel, focused on technical issues including software development, product releases, engineering tasks and delegating work assignments. The Senior .Net Developer will have
the opportunity to eventually grow into a Technical Lead role.
The Senior .Net Developer should possess excellent technical abilities, leadership, decision making, strong communication skills, and adaptability to new technology.
* To develop solutions using Web API and Web Services (WCF, REST)
* Collaborate with colleagues to identify and resolve technical issues.
* Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
* Set clear team goals and delegate tasks and set deadlines
* Oversee day-to-day operation
* Monitor team performance and report on metrics
* Motivate team members and discover training needs and provide coaching
* Listen to team members' feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
* Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
* Encourage creativity and risk-taking
* Suggest and organize team building activities
* Must have strong knowledge of OOP principles, Design Patterns, Best Practices and Coding Standards
* Must have the ability to be a strong contributor during technical design discussions, code reviews and help maintain code quality, performance and application responsiveness.
* Must have the ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into technical designs and functional code.
* Must be skilled at writing unit tests using tools like NUnit and mocking frameworks like MOQ.
* Must have experience gained in an SDLC/Agile environment as well as the associated documentation
* Must have the ability to act as a mentor to team members and the desire to move to a leadership role in the future
* The ability to monitor and optimize systems to ensure best performance.
* The ability to collaborate well with leadership, business units, teams and team members on projects.
* The ability to adapt to changing priorities quickly and be innovative where needed
* The ability to troubleshoot code and provide support to existing application as needed for the day-to-day business activities.
Nice to Haves:
* Knowledge of Application/Software Security, PCI, SOX, PII and other governance
* Knowledge or experience of AWS, Containers, Mulesoft and Serverless Components
* As listed in Required Skills
About Globe Life
Globe Life (formerly known as Torchmark Corporation) provides various life and health insurance products, and annuities.