At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
In this role, you will act as a senior member of the Client Platform Engineering team based in New York that manages the global mobile device fleet at Uber. You will work as an SME on many key projects and initiatives partnering closely with our Uber Eats Engineering and Product teams. You will be responsible for hundreds of thousands of connected devices currently active in the wild, and will be helping Uber continue to scale their device deployment strategy as our Uber Eats partnerships continue to grow.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Manage, administer and help scale our global fleet of MDM connected devices (iOS, Android, ChromeOS)
* Serve as systems and support engineer for devices, development APIs, tools, management, and security technologies for the device management environment
* Work with mobile operations teams in supporting best practices for mass device configuration, deployment, and reverse logistics.
* Partner with development teams to ensure secure and efficient software support and deployment best practices
* Work on Client Platform Engineering priority projects, operate as the Subject Matter Expert managing project requirements, scope and timelines.
* Help drive mobile security model working closely with the security teams, and establish best practices in an enterprise environment
* Respond to and participate in resolution of endpoint security compromises, malware, vulnerabilities and zero-day attacks.
* Leverage iOS and Android MDM APIs for automations that help manage hundreds of thousands of mobile devices across various business units.
* Act as an escalation point between the support teams and other IT teams on issues relating to mobile client platforms
* Design detailed monitoring and reporting dashboards for the infrastructure managing the endpoint fleet, as well as the endpoints.
* Collaborate and partner with IT Engineering teams and Network engineering teams to accomplish joint projects and tasks
* Mentor junior members on the IT and CPE team
* Create and maintain detailed documentation
* Work closely with 3rd party vendors (software and hardware) clearly communicate our initiatives and create vendor specs while maintaining strong relationships with our vendor partners.
What You'll Need
* 5+ years of proven knowledge and experience with MDM solutions: AirWatch, MicroMDM, MobileIron and similar technologies
* Expert level knowledge and experience with administering, deploying, and troubleshooting Apple, Android, and Chrome hardware related management software.
* Deep knowledge of OEM deployment programs including Apple DEP, Android Enterprise Zero-Touch and Samsung Knox Suite.
* Experience with network connectivity (wireless, LAN/WAN routing)
* Proficient with one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby etc)
* Knowledge of Networking technologies and security platforms is highly desired.
* Customer focused with good communication and interpersonal skills.
About the Team
Client Platform Engineering (CPE) is a core part of our infrastructure. CPE expands beyond a single platform and empowers devices to be deployed, from employee computers and mobile devices all the way to devices in our product organization deployed to our revenue facing business like Uber Eats and Uber Freight. This team is a diverse and dynamic group who are passionate about solving large scale problems with a mixture of 3rd party software and platforms combines with in-house built solutions.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.