Senior Mobile Software Engineer (SME)
Req #: 207547
Location: Bethesda, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI is seeking a Senior Mobile Software Engineer (SME) to pursue a career supporting CACI's growing Intelligence Services market. Supported by our newly developed job framework, CACI provides clearly defined career paths for employees to grow and progress within our company.
Specific duties include:
* Perform engineer software scripts in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API extraction
* Analyze and deliver suggested solutions for system and/or application issues
* Fix mobile applications' memory and performance issues
* Deliver malicious code reverse engineering to isolate, review, analyze, and reverse-engineer potentially malicious programs recovered from compromised computer systems and networks
* Draft and provide technical reports related to the scope, nature, and characteristics of the malicious software suitable for distribution to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Analyze new trends, techniques, and packing of malicious software to stay current and ready to identify and handle zero-day exploits
* Research software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities
* Possesses Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least ten (10) years of post-baccalaureate progressive experience in job offered or Software Engineer/Developer, Application Engineer/Developer, or closely related occupation. Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least eight (8) years of related experience.
* Deep understanding of Android and a strong drive to learn the mobile industry and mobile development
* A background in mobile web technologies (HTML5, AJAX, CSS, XML, JSON)
* A background in wireless API's (WiFi, Bluetooth)
* Ability to communicate design decisions, trade-offs, code walk-throughs, and bugs thoroughly, clearly, and concisely
* Ability to effectively handle multiple simultaneous projects, and manage time and priorities
* Background efficiently implementing new features and bug fixes while writing elegant, maintainable code
* Five (5) plus years' background in communications device design or embedded platform-level software development for mobile communication devices
* Advanced background developing and designing mobile phone platforms highly desired
* Expert knowledge of implementations of contemporary commercial wireless devices
* Must possess two (2) years' experience with reverse engineering software packages such as IDA Pro, IDA Python PyDbg, or OllyDbg as well as computer forensic software packages such as EnCase, FTK, or Sleuth Kit/Autopsy
* Background in computer or cell phone architecture, system internals, operating systems and/or boot process software development
* Expert background in software development and related technologies
* Expert background in sizing and scoping, in design, implementation and delivery of mobile application solutions using iOS and/or Android development environments
* Expert background in development on two or more of the following software platforms: Windows, Linus, Android, OS X, and iOS
* Knowledge of designing interfaces using Objective-C, Android SDK including the unique tasks of designing applications for small screen size
* Excellent debugging, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Background in multiple programming languages (C, C++, C#, Objective C, Visual Basic, Java) is required. A strong mix is needed with experience in C, C++, or Objective C and Java or C# a minimum requirement
* Ability to develop software applications in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API design and development
* Proven track record of mobile application development
* Background in two or more software development tool environments and tool sets (i.e. Visual Studio, Eclipse, Xcode)
* Advanced background investigating software vulnerabilities and a basic understanding of common cyberattack methods
* Strong organizational and communication skills both verbal and written
* Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least eight (8) years of related experience.
* Advanced background developing/designing mobile phone platforms highly desired
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.