SAIC is seeking a Senior Mobile Software Engineer to support a major program at the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) within the National Capital Region. Duties and responsibilities include:
* Enhancing existing GOTS or COTS software applications in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on system demonstration and API successful implementation.
* Providing suggested solutions for system and/or application issues.
* Collaborating with customer technical exploitation teams to define clear requirements, performance specifications, deliverables, and milestones for applications.
* Debugging mobile applications' memory and performance issues, to include using Android Trace view tool to identify performance bottlenecks.
* Providing malicious code reverse-engineering to isolate, review, analyze, and reverse-engineer potentially malicious programs recovered from compromised computer systems and networks.
* Writing and producing technical reports related to the scope, nature, and characteristics of the malicious software suitable for distribution to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Examining new trends, techniques, and packaging of malicious software to stay current and be ready to identify and handle zero-day exploits.
* Periodically supporting field operations.
* Analyzing software and firmware using reverse-engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities
* Sharing knowledge by clearly articulating ideas through papers and presentations to technical staff, management, and customer decision makers.
* Must have a current/active TS/SCI and be willing and able to pass a CI polygraph prior to starting.
* Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least fourteen (14) years of post- baccalaureate, progressive experience in a job offered as Software Engineer/Developer, Application Engineer/Developer or closely related occupation.
* Experience with Android and a strong passion in mobile industry and mobile development.
* Experience in mobile web technologies (HTML5, AJAX, CSS, XML, JSON preferred).
* Experience in wireless API's (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth preferred).
* Experience communicating design decisions, trade-offs, code walk-through, and bugs -- thoroughly, clearly, and concisely.
* Experience handling multiple simultaneous projects, manage time and priorities.
* Experience implementing new features and bug fixes while writing elegant, maintainable code.
* Experience in communications device design or embedded platform-level software development for mobile communication devices desired.
* Experience developing/designing mobile phone platforms highly-desired.
* Experience implementing contemporary commercial wireless devices.
* Minimum two (2) years of experience with reverse-engineering software packages such as IDA Pro, IDA, Python PyDbg, or OllyDbg, as well as computer forensic software packages such as EnCase, FTK, or Sleuth Kit/Autopsy.
* Experience in computer or cell phone architecture, system internals, operating systems, and/or boot process software development.
* Experience in software development and related technologies.
* Experience in sizing and scoping, in design, implementation and delivery of mobile application solutions using iOS and/or Android, development environments.
* Experience in developing on two or more of the following software platforms: Windows, Linux, Android, OS X, and iOS.
* Experience designing interfaces using Objective-C, Android SDK, including the unique tasks of designing applications for small screen size.
* Experience requiring debugging, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Experience with multiple programming languages (C, C++, C#, Objective C, Visual Basic, Java) is required; a strong mix is needed with experience in C++ or Objective C and Java or C# as a minimum requirement.
* Experience developing software applications in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API design and development.
* Proven track record of mobile application development.
* Experience with two or more software development tool environments and tool sets (i.e. Visual Studio, Eclipse, Xcode).
* Experience investigating software vulnerabilities and a basic understanding of common cyber-attack methods.
* Experience requiring strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Preferred: Master of Science or PhD degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least eight (8) years of related experience.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability