Senior Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
Req #: 221951
Location: Suitland, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Looking for excitement . . . . wanting to be part of something bigger than yourself, then consider joining a winning team of professionals at CACI, Inc.
Our National Services Business Group are addressing the most complex national security challenges confronting the United States today. We have an immediate opening for a Microsoft SQL DBA. You can make a difference; join our team
You will support the installation, configuration, performance tuning, documentation and daily administration for all Microsoft SQL instances and database.
You would additionally be responsible for technical mitigation and/or resolution of security findings associated with SQL.
Specific duties are listed below.
* Optimizes system operation and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
* Provides tier three SQL DBA support for the customer.
* Responsible for knowledge and proficiency with an enterprise database technology (e.g., Relational, SQL database, In-Memory databases, NoSQL databases and new emerging databases).
* Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls.
* Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
* Proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
* Identifies customer database requirements. Defines optimal conceptual, logical and physical data models that address customer requirement and balances performance (e.g., indexes, views, snapshots) and storage (e.g., normalization, de-normalization).
* Incorporates security, back-up, and disaster recovery into database designs.
* Establishes database parameters that maximize database performance. Installs, configures, and patches database management systems (DBMS).
* Writes database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
* Controls access permissions and privileges.
* Ensures that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
* Conducts capacity planning.
* Communicates regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
* Clones application environments.
* Ensures availability of related application technology (e.g., web services, applications, batch processors, job schedulers, etc.).
* Provides Tier III support for the application technology stack.
* Applies application, security, and database patches.
* Migrates new software code and break fixes.
* Verifies shell/SQL scripts, packages, and stored procedures for system enhancements.
* Installs and configures third party products that integrates with the underlying application.
You will also be responsible for Core database administration tasks and tools include but not limited to:
* 5 years of experience with SQL database administration
* Expert knowledge with SQL 2008 and higher Database
* Working knowledge of Windows Server
* Install and configure, upgrade SQL Server 2005, 2008 & 2012
* Configure SQL Server databases and storage
* Plan and implement a backup strategy
* Restore databases from backups
* Import and export data
* Monitor SQL Server
* Trace and managed SQL Server activity
* Audit data access and encrypt data
* Perform ongoing database maintenance* Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent jobs*Configure database mail, alerts, and notifications.
Active TS/SCI clearance
BS Degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field) and or - 5+ years of experience with SQL database administration
Security + CE and 1 SQL 2008 or higher Database Certification
Expert knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2012 or higher
* CASP Certification
* Experience with DR/COOP technologies associated with MSSQL
* NetApp SnapManager for MSSQL
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.