Partners Data Systems
Job ID 1466291 Date posted Dec. 07, 2018
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, Inc., combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, and methodology to empower the world's largest organizations to adapt to change and build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
You have expertise in changing the software development lifecycle and want to be part of the next wave of cloud native applications. You have extensive knowledge of software development landscape to help the sales and field engineering teams to propose the most optimal solutions for our customers. You also have the desire and ability to travel within your assigned territory. Above all, you have a customer-focused mindset and are a hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in your region.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Labs and Pivotal Cloud Foundry. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud native applications to drive customer engagement.
The Pivotal Platform Architect will be responsible for providing pre-sales deep technical and business expertise for Pivotal Cloud Foundry. In addition, you will have the capabilities to install, connect, and optimize the platform. You will interface directly with customers as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on the development of products and enhancements. You will be responsible for influencing customers to deploy cloud native architectures that leverage modern enterprise frameworks/languages. You will help customers design cloud native data architectures that include traditional database, caching, archival (Hadoop, S3) and other data technologies.
Required Skills / Experiences
* At least 8 years experience as a hands-on software architect ideally in a customer facing capacity
* Experience developing and deploying ASP.NET applications (MVC or classic)
* Must have experience with unit testing and integration testing ASP.NET applications
* Preferred experience building and deploying .NET applications with a CI/CD pipeline.
* Must be fluent in C#
* Must have experience working with ASP.NET applications at scale (web farms, clustering, out-of-proc session state configuration)
* Must have experience building data-driven ASP.NET web applications (MS SQL or NoSQL)
* Must have experience debugging and maintaining complex codebases
* Must be fluent in Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
* Must know how to develop, secure, and troubleshoot Web Services using WCF
* Preferred experience with ASP.NET Web API, especially with regard to scaling and securing RESTful services
* Preferred experience within the .NET open source community
* Understanding of ASP.NET Core and .NET Core for deploying cross-platform
* Understanding Automating Windows Server VM provisioning
* Dynamic presence and excellent communications skills
* Analytical ability, problem solving skills and decision-making skills
* Ability to travel up to 50% regionally
Desired Skills / Experiences
* Prior experience presenting to C-Level executives
* Prior technical Pre-Sales experience
* Experience in qualifying sales opportunities
* Understanding of PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Azure Service Fabric
* A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.