The MTS, Software is responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software programs.
May also be responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging embedded real time control systems. The developer will be working with senior engineers and will exercise capabilities in real time IO, control systems, network and bus data transfer, and efficient memory management.
Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. * Develops and recommends corrective actions. * May conduct feasibility studies on new and modified designs. * Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current
programming language and technologies.
* Completes documentation and procedures. * May interface with users to define system requirements. * Performs engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying
out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
* Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria,
using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
* Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigation, surveys, structures or equipment
with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
* Other duties may be assigned as required. * With minor guidance, performs research regarding technologies and practices to apply to a particular solution. * Adheres to the agile software development life-cyle prescribed by team leaders. * Utilize unit testing as a means of ensuring quality. Develops test applications and test plans. * May interface with users and product owners to define system requirements.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering * 2-5 years using C/C++ for Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) OR * 2-5 years using C++, C#.NET for desktop applications
Preferred Skills and Abilities
* Experience with FreeRTOS and Real Time Linux * Experience Developing on Xylinx Zynq-based System on Module, and Xylinx SDK * Deployed, maintained or upgraded Board Support Packages for embedded systems. * Experience with LabView * Mathematical modeling with Matlab. * Working knowledge of WPF, MVVM, Entity Framework * Daily Test Driven Development habits, use of unit testing * Development of multi-threaded applications * Knowledge of Motion Control and PID Loops
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; requires close vision ability. Noise level is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.