Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
ATTENTION, we're searching for Cloud Security Ninjas to join a new and exciting team at Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). If you're passionate about building cloud technology, information security, and best in class IT operations, you should apply for this job.
We're looking for self-starters, thought leaders, and tinkerers that want to shake up the cloud industry through the emerging discipline of DevSec. If you haven't heard much about it, don't worry, because it's pretty new. Check out this white paper from the SANS Institute for more context.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in software development, enterprise security systems, and DevOps. He or she must be able to operate in a fast moving and demanding environment to create security capabilities for OCI. If this is you, at Oracle you can design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. This is an exciting time in our journey as we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
You can learn more about us by visiting https://cloud.oracle.com/cloud-infrastructure.
* Work across organizational boundaries and professional disciplines to build security into the software development life cycle (SDLC).
* Research, implement, and manage security systems such as Fortify, Sonatype, and Parfait.
* Build WEB, SOAP, and REST APIs to seamlessly integrate distributed systems.
* Curate and manage security data sets for deep security analysis.
* Partner with Blue Team and SOC to automate defensive kill chains.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
* 3 years Dev experience in the cloud.
* Strong knowledge of Linux and Unix operating system fundamentals.
* Strong understanding of database schemas and distributed persistence technologies.
* Thorough understanding of latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Security certifications or prior experience working with modern IT security software is a major plus.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.