Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are seeking a Senior Development Manager in Seattle to help us build the next generation of vulnerability scanning applications for our Cloud!
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
Your influence over the design of the full system architecture is critical. Intellectual curiosity and an excitement for the challenges of securing complex, massive systems is a must. You should value simplicity and usability as well as security and work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment.
Cool things you'll do:
* Lead and motivate a team of security development engineers and security professionals in the development of a next generation scanning product that will revolutionize our IaaS and all cloud products company wide.
* Design elegantly, but with simplicity to the delight of both internal and external customers.
* The product scope and scale is growing fast as Oracle launches new products and moves products to the Cloud. You will lead this initiatives and drive the product to other reaches of the cloud business at Oracle
* Be a champion secure coding practices and methodology.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Experience of 5 years managing a development team in delivery of commercial products in a highly available 24x7 Cloud services securely
* 3 years of experience in security engineering
* Prior enterprise software/systems engineering development experience
* Experience with SIEM or Log Management tools (e.g., Splunk, ArcSight, ELK)
* Experience with Automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible)
* Experience working in a large cloud or Internet software company preferred
* Application/product software security background strongly preferred
* Ability to effectively assess and communicate risks and appropriate levels of urgency to management and engineering staff
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through internal and external organizations and individuals.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.