Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world's oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Technical Architect (Policy)
Estimated Travel: 50-75%
Job Location - Flexible
* Provide technical leadership on client engagement, including serving as a resource to the project team and the client by evaluating and proposing technical alternatives for resolving business and technology issues.
* Develop application architecture as new requirements arise.
* Define the complete technical infrastructure environment.
* Maintain current knowledge of all relevant technology developments and seek opportunities to deploy new technologies that benefit the client.
* Create architecture scope, definition, construction, and execution.
* Design and develop cost effective solutions that meet functional, technical, and performance requirements.
* Map customer requirements to technology capability.
* Identify gaps and omissions in the end-to-end solution.
* Review ongoing and proposed projects to identify opportunities for reuse and process improvement.
* Review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
* Provide technical leadership to project resources and the client to meet project deadlines and ensure that project objectives are met.
* Consult with and develop technical resources for methods, procedures, and standards to use during design, development, and unit testing phases of the project.
* Document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary.
* Identify, clarify, and resolve system development and maintenance activity issues and risks, escalating them as needed.
* Review technical documentation to verify compliance with client requirements and established architectural standards and guidelines.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
* 15+ years related industry experience in system development and implementation.
* Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications.
* Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software.
* Experience with .Net Solutions and SQL and relational database design.
* Experience with XML and XSL.
* Experience with systems integration (Policy, Billing, Claims, Reinsurance, third-party systems).
* Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Example Platform solutions for Policy Administration, Billing and/or ASW Claims a plus.