Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - California - Pleasanton|US - California - South San Francisco
Senior Manager Systems Integration, DNA Analysis
Requisition ID: 96440BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
South San Francisco, CA
How will you make an impact?
As a Senior Manager for System Integration in Thermo Fisher's Human Identification Business, you will manage a team and work as part of a multi-disciplinary group to help integrate fragment analysis and next generation sequencing and technologies for forensic applications onto automated platforms. The foundation for this role is a solid grasp of molecular biology and engineering and experience in assay/system integration.
What will you do?
* Applies knowledge and experience in instrument theory of operation and analytes (reaction scheme, performance claims and customer expectations) to achieve work objectives.
* Partner with Assay Development to influence design of new assays to maximize probability of success in instrument /system integration.
* Partner with engineers to characterize designs and, if necessary, design countermeasures to obtain the desired performance.
* Assist engineers in assessing whether designs meet specifications and, if necessary, design countermeasures to meet them.
* Perform root cause investigations into systematic instrument and assay issues.
* Employ the PPI continuous improvement tools to enhance current processes.
How will you get here?
A Master's degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related field
* 5+ years of industry experience with a focus on developing life science.
* Experience leading a team of PhD / Master's level scientists.
* Experience developing DNA analysis products an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Experience in assay development and/or automated instrumentation.
* Knowledge of DNA sequencing methods including NGS, Capillary Electrophoresis, and Rapid DNA analysis
* Demonstrated critical thinking and ability to problem solve.
* Ability to build lasting relationships between teams which include assay development, software, manufacturing, quality and engineering.
* Comfortable reaching out to other departments for guidance and assistance. Taking initiative and leading where necessary when working cross-functionally.
* Capable of managing a team.
* Guiding the successful completion of initiatives, processes and/or projects for the department taking on a project leadership role as necessary.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.