The AWS Commerce Platform Team builds and operates the back and front end platforms that enable customers to understand their financial status and pay for services. Our team owns customer financial experience and management tools for one of the world's largest commerce platforms. We are looking for a for a seasoned and talented software engineering manager to join the team in Seattle.
Our services generate and send financial documents to customers, collect payments, and account for revenue. We process millions of invoices and financial documents every month, which represents billions of dollars of IT usage and spend. Quality, security, accuracy and availability are critical to our business.
Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience.
We are looking for a senior software development leader to drive key FinX initiatives, including:
* Payment Processing: Own the software responsible for managing AWS customers' payment instruments and executing payments and refunds using those instruments. Payment is a critical component of the customer experience. It requires scalable software that makes it easy for customers to pay and get refunds, abstracting away the varied demands of payment processors.
* · Revenue and Receivable Reporting: Provide downstream systems with the information they need to run AWS' business. Since every AWS service needs to report revenue, this software has to be generic enough to support AWS' growing business while being specific enough to meet financial requirements.
In this highly visible role, you will be the business owner, working with your peers and senior management, driving projects that will enable FinX to launch new products quicker, simpler, and more easily.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you partner with Product Management to plan, design, and deliver game changing experiences for customers. Your passion for the potential of computing to improve people's lives, and proven experience managing complex technology projects, will help you make strong business judgments. You've come to the understanding that being passionate about an idea is different than taking it personally and believe that debate makes strong ideas stronger.
What You'll Do
* Effectively mentor and manage a team of software developers including their projects and performance
* Deliver project roadmap on-time, communicating clearly with team, management and stakeholders
* Work with other managers and team members to estimate effort and document scope
* Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
* Distil and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders
* Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction and diplomacy
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.