* Proven track record of effective project management, delivery integrated security systems
* Understanding of access control platforms and video retentions systems with emphasis on AMAG and Lenel access control and Genetec video retentions system and components.
* Thorough working knowledge of security system design principles and installation best practices.
* Strong management, leadership and planning skills.
* Understanding of CMMS platforms, with emphasis on ServiceNow
* Excellent communication, negotiation and engagement skills.
* Sound judgment and decision-making ability while under pressure.
* Fluency with Microsoft Office applications.
* Understanding of Auto-Cad tools
* Ability to work well in a team environment to facilitate the achievement of common goals.
* Proven security professional with a minimum of 5 years of experience managing complex projects in the Data Center sector and 10 years' general project management experience.
* Strong track record of building consensus and solving problems through a collaborative team approach.
* Bachelor's degree in Management, Business, or a related discipline preferred; experience and other educational credits may be substituted.
* Security certifications such as CPP, PSP preferred or current user certification with AMAG or Lenel.
* In conjunction with the Portfolio Security Team, works to implement Security policies and initiatives throughout the Digital Realty portfolio with primary focus on established Digital Realty Security standards.
* Supports, develop and implements standards based programs in the areas of Risk Management, Physical Security, Emergency Management and Incident Investigations.
* Ensure a thorough understanding of relevant customer processes to enable timely and accurate delivery of appropriate security services. Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with all key stakeholders.
* Remains up-to-date on both data center and security industry trends, including technology, issues and threats to allow a pro-active approach to meeting customers' security service needs.
* Manage performance indicators of security service providers consistent with terms and conditions of appropriate MSA's in place with vendors.
* Work with security service provider management, ensure all training specified in MSA's reflects Digital Realty's actual training needs and is conducted for all security service vendor employees. Conduct periodic reviews of training documentation to ensure security service provider compliance.
* Plans, organizes and coordinates as assigned new installation and or upgrades to existing security systems in accordance with established Digital Realty security standards.
* Routinely Self manages security project ranging from $1 -$250K in value.
* Meets financial objectives of the organization by contributing information and/or making recommendations.
* Develops policies for engaging third party consultants and monitors productivity of third party consultants, assuming performance objectives are meet.
* Completes audits of existing systems to insure operational excellence.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, and membership in networking organizations
* Ability to complete overnight travel as required.
* Working with site level and other stakeholders, develops corporate level and site level training program to insure consistent quality is delivered in accordance with established Security Standards.
* Review and adjust training imperatives on an annual basis.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Job Location Dallas, Texas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular